BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Licence counting system - changed overnight!!

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Licence counting system - changed overnight!!  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Licence counting system - changed overnight!! Printable version of : Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
[ ]

RoyW

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 7/7/2012 2:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
We have used Bullguard faithfully since the w98 days (V6 I recall). Now - overnight we have been told we need to double our licence count - this is because
Bullguards newly implemented licence counting system counts each Operating Systems on a dual boot PC as requiring a separate license!

We have 3 notebooks, all dual boot XP or W7. This is ridiculous! We can each run XP or we can run W7 I cannot run both at the same why do I need two licenses per PC?

I have asked Bullguard support to state where in the T&C's it states that a license per Operating system is required, they connot do this becuase it clearly states one license per PC.

I assume the same problem would occur for anyone running (for instance) an XP VM on their W7 PC as well (although, arguably this would be concurrent usage which our installations are not).

After almost 10 years of loyal Bullguard subscription I'm now forced - by Bullguard themselves to consider switching to something like Microsoft Security Essentials!!

This is very, very annoying!!!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 7/8/2012 2:52 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
I understand that this is an inconvenience for you, but since our supporters already told you that we will look into the issue, I will kindly as you to wait for our reply on the matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 7/17/2012 9:17:33 AM GMT

RoyW

Date Joined Jun 2012

Posted 7/8/2012 11:58 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Thankyou for your reply, I appreciate that Melina at support is aware of this problem and she has promised to escalate it. The reason I'm posting in public is to let other users be aware that you have introduced a new system to count licenses and that it appears that you are changing your Terms and Conditions from one license per PC to one licence per operating system.

I'm also told by your support that if we had dual boot system in which XP and W7 are located on the same hard disk partition (a very BAD method) that your new license counting system would only require one license! So, I suspect and hope the problem lies with your license counting system.

Simply, please clarify if Bullguards intention is it to license per PC or per Operating System?

If this is just a 'bug' in the 'new' license counting system we will wait for a 'fix' but if this 'License per Operating System ' is true then this is no longer the product for us (or anyone with multiple Operating Systems or Virtual Machines installed on individual PC's).

Rgds
Roy

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 7/9/2012 6:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
If the management decides to use this system or not, if the system will be as it is now or not, what changes will be made, how or when are questions that, I am sure you realize, even if I knew the answer to, I would not be able to make this public before an official release.

Cheers.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 7/17/2012 9:19:11 AM GMT

Exocet

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/15/2012 11:36 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
I have had a similar problem with Bullguard.

I started my main p.c. one day recently to discover the software had been disabled.
A message indicated that I was using it on 4 computers and hence violating the licence agreement, which is for 3 “Computer” use .

I have only 3 (three) computers and one of them has a dual boot system for Windows 7 pro and, on a separate drive, Windows XP. These two are listed as separate computers on “Bullguard Internet Security Installations”.
These two “Operating Systems” cannot be used at the same time.

An Email sent to Bullguard only guided me on how to disable one of my installations. I tried to activate the 4 listed after a few days of having only 3 activated, but once more my main p.c. started with Bullguard being de-activated.

I have now sent a second email to support to get clarification.

I think that they are actually breaching the terms of the licence. Stating that it is a new system for managing licences is poor, considering that we rely on Bullguard’s expertise to protect our computers.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 7/15/2012 6:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Thank you for the feedback Exocet!

We do understand that this is an issue for the users that have dual boot computers and it is currently being looked into.

Please keep in mind that we design our product to be user-friendly on all plans. We are always busy working on making the best product on the market for our users and sometimes this means that a few of our users will be inconvenienced for a short period.
Some of our users asked us for a better way to manage how many installations and on which computers they are running their BullGuard. This is how the idea started in the first place. I am positive that a solution will be found and everyone will again be happy with their product.

Until then, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Exocet

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/15/2012 9:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Firstly, thank you for a prompt reply.

Unfortunately the reply I have received today following my second EMail to support does not suggest that the matter is being taking too seriously.
This is the word for word reply I received:

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would like to inform you that the number of BullGuard user licences refer to the number of Windows systems that you install BullGuard on and which are consequently protected by our system. Installing BullGuard on a duel boot - i.e. a different harddrive - will be picked up by our servers as a different system.

At this moment the 3 active installations are on the PCs:

- XXXXX-PC
- MOBILE
- YYYYYYY-PC

I cannot find any reference to this in the licence agreement. It mentions computers and not operating systems.

I am strongly considering pursuing the matter via various consumer groups as I am not convinced that I am breaching the licence agreement that is limiting my use

Use of X's and Y's is deliberate. I have also not included the repliers name, but can do so if required. They are a member of the support team.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 7/16/2012 4:17 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
My colleague Cristiana had not been informed of the entire situation and neither could I have informed her of anything, as the problem was still being debated by our management. What she has described to you is how the system was working. Although the system takes into consideration a lot more factors, not just the operating system.

As expected, the management decided that BullGuard is to be used on one, three or five computers (depending on the subscription one has) regardless of the numbers of operating systems installed on those computers.

Our developers already solved the issue today.

All that remains now is that you both contact Support again, so we can make the necessary modifications to your account.

For any other of our users having issues with their license on their dual boot computers, please contact support.

Note: On a more personal note, having a little faith sometimes takes you farther than being negative towards a situation, before actually having an answer from the person that is genuinely trying to help you.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

RoyW

Date Joined Jun 2012

Posted 7/19/2012 2:16 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Firstly, Thankyou for resolving this issue.

Note: On a more personal note, having a little faith sometimes takes you farther than being negative towards a situation, before actually having an answer from the person that is genuinely trying to help you. said...

It's hard not to be negative when an unannounced change to your system causes me a huge amount of work!

I've had to remove Bullguard from the XP installs on 3 PC's , install Microsoft Sec Essentials as a replacement, now I have to do the reverse.

Additionally my son's XP OS became hopelessly infected and had to be reinstalled after he continued to run it in the 'Disabled' state imposed by the new system.

Bullguard should not use it's customers as 'Guinea Pigs' I don't want to be a beta tester thanks!

jb144

Date Joined Dec 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/16/2012 11:57 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Likewise we have been loyal supporters of Bullguard for many years.  We have 5 various machines in our house which we need protection for.  Imagine my surprise when going to renew our supcriction they wanted 2 x £49 to cover all the machines.  At least before 3 machines were covered for £24.  This is a grossly unfair price hike!

Regards JB144

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 262

Posted 12/16/2012 11:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!Alert an admin about: Licence counting system - changed overnight!!
Hi there,

Please note that you can protect all 5 computers with one subscription.
If you have inactive installations which are still enabled, log to your Online Account ->Active installation and disable them.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Licence counting system - changed overnight!! Printable version of : Licence counting system - changed overnight!!

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:24 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,522 posts in 13,303 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36162 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, markhindsoptometrists.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Virus Through Email (3)7/23/2014 4:07:57 AM (Touch)
Firewall causing high CPU usage (5)7/22/2014 7:01:03 PM (rv1979)
Python.exe is malware?? (1)7/22/2014 12:51:17 PM (Touch)
Cant delete annoying music downloader help? (1)7/22/2014 7:44:23 AM (Touch)