BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Microsoft office- no more files

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Microsoft office- no more files  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Microsoft office- no more files Printable version of : Microsoft office- no more files
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

smashiebabe

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 4

Posted 1/12/2013 10:31 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Hi, 
I have an ASUS laptop which is under 2 years old and recently I can not create new documents in microsoft office.  I can change existing document but not a new doc or save as.  I am a Bullguard customer 
I have done the following so far:  I updated the bullguard and thought this may have had an impact so I restored the computer to before the upgrage but still no joy.  I have run virus checks.  Ran Repair on microsoft office.  Unistalled the programme and reloaded.  Also I looked at some threads you put on here back in September 2011 with the same problems - followed what you did to put it right, but still NO JOY :(   After each action I restarted the computer.
I have been onto KnowHow Pc World four times and each time given different things to do and STILL I have the problem

Any ideas apart from throwing the laptop out the window on the lawn!!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 1/13/2013 9:46 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
What is the exact error message you receive when you try to save or create a new document?
When you say Microsoft Office, do you mean Microsoft Word, or any of the Microsoft products?
What different things did you do?
When did the issue first occur and do you remember installing any programs before you started having the issue?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 335

Posted 1/13/2013 10:21 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Hi there,

Since you mentioned that you are using an Asus laptop, please uninstall Asus Data Security Manager and reboot in order to solve your issue.

For additional information, check this topic.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

smashiebabe

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/13/2013 10:56 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Hi,
Thank you fir getting back to me. Message reads "There are no more files." Yes mi do soft office I.e word, excel etc. Microsoft office 2007. Only thing installed was BullGuard upgrade and the usual updates everyone receives.

I have done the following so far... (Re booted after every action)
Restored the computer to a date prior to updates and upgrade
Virus checked (found nothing)
Malwarebyte check (found nothing)
Uninstalled office and reinstalled
PC world have run a diagnostic and found nothing
Turned off BullGuard problem still there. Turned back on.
Currently running msconflict and re selected everything, now turning one on at a time rebooting each time, long process.
Something is stopping it but no idea what.

It's getting close to throwing it out the window!!!

Regards

Smashiebabe

Smashiebabe :)

smashiebabe

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/13/2013 10:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Microsoft office ... Sorry for back typing as I'm using my phone!!! Lol

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 335

Posted 1/14/2013 10:03 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Hi smashiebabe,

Uninstall Asus Data Security Manager and reboot.

Best wishes.

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

smashiebabe

Date Joined Jan 2013

Posted 1/16/2013 12:13 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
Hi,

I've disabled all services and the problem went away. The moment I enabled BullGuard the issue came back.

The problem seems to be the result of bullguard. I have also had pc world runs checks and they too confirm BullGuard has causing the problem.

Now what do I do as I have paid for the service and clearly is conflicting with the services.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 1/16/2013 9:10 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Microsoft office- no more filesAlert an admin about: Microsoft office- no more files
I can see that you did a lot of things. Did you try what Robert suggested?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Microsoft office- no more files Printable version of : Microsoft office- no more files

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:00 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,774 posts in 13,352 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36846 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, montormabor22.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchen Units Sale (0)11/26/2014 6:39:47 AM (montormabor22)
New user having problems (1)11/26/2014 12:03:02 AM (Robert Mateescu)
Spam Box (1)11/25/2014 11:36:36 PM (Robert Mateescu)