BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard Printable version of : Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Angry_Customer

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 12/24/2007 10:47 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
Bullguard is a very nasty little creature of an anti-virus program. It was pre installed on my new laptop and I couldn’t get it out of there fast enough. I removed it from Add/Remove Program or whatever it’s called now in vista. Then I installed AVG. I then looked on the security centre to see that Bullguard was apparently running alongside AVG. I scanned for files named bulldog and there were none. From reading other forums the only way I could to get rid was to search in the registry for bulldog also. I found many entries and deleted them. However one of them can’t be removed not even in safe mode in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>Controlset001>Enum>Root>LEGACY_BDFILESPY>0000 named DeviceDesc REG_SZ Bullguard File Monitor Driver. I appreciate that these applications like to get stuck in for higher protection but this is ridiculous and especially because there is none or no easy to find removal tool. I think myself as quite knowledgeable with computers so for an amateur this would be even more of a headache. I want rid of every relation to this poor, stubborn and intrusive software which is more like malware than anti-malware. I have also just had to wait a very long time to even get a confirmation e-mail to sign into the website. My message may seem slightly aggressive but its Christmas Eve and instead of doing something fun I’m trying to remove this software. Please advise me of possible action. Thank you for your kind and courteous reply.

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 98

Posted 12/30/2007 10:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
reinstall and use the customer support option which is usually very good,the other thing is when deleting click on "do not keep settings".just out of curiosity what do you dislike about BG so much, i have always thought it was not to bad but have to admit i did not like norton as it was just too hard on my system and i was not overly impressed with avg either. good luck

Angry_Customer

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 12/31/2007 4:52 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
Thank you for posting. What I dislike is software that is preinstalled with the assumption that it is to the taste of everyone who purchases the computer. While this is not Bullguards fault the fact that it can't be removed fully from the system is. If like you say it's because I didn’t tell it to remove my settings why is it lodged in there with no other way of removal. What makes it worse is the fact I still am unable to find information on any kind of removal tool or manual removal. I will try what you have said if it's the only way but I have used many different types of software including multiple anti malware programs and I have never seen any of them leave such a harsh mark on my system. They all have clear manual removal instructions but not Bullguard. I think by law all software providers should have a removal tool that removes all trace of their software no matter what. With a tool like this they can make sure people can't exploit a weakness which may be found in manual instruction.

The main reason I uninstalled it is because it was some kind of trial and I didn’t want to have to go through all the grief of renewing and leaving my pc unprotected when I can get free software that needs less attention. Also keep in mind it’s a new pc with vista and I'm used to XP so I don’t want lots of new software to confuse the situation.

The thing that bothers me most is that vista is actually telling me that Bullguard is protecting me and that’s from 1 registry key that can’t be removed. Many guides will tell people to only use 1 anti virus program so picture people who read that then go disable their other anti virus thinking Bullguard is protecting them. They may even not bother getting a different one in the confusion. This could have a devastating effect to a computer or even network. So anyone who doesn’t know about it, which will be many could overlook the fact that their computers are unprotected. I understand that some might want to save settings if they come back to the program in future but it doesn't need to be so hard to remove. I believe this to be a very serious issue which should be closely investigated because anyone who removes Bullguard is at serious risk of infection without knowing this.

Post Edited (Angry_Customer) : 31-12-2007 02:15:31 GMT

celbead

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/31/2007 6:04 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
Hi, what is the free anti-virus software that you think is good? I have just switched from Norton to the Bullguard trial but am having problems getting it to scan emails on AOL. So if I can't sort this out I may have to look for something else.

Thanks

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 98

Posted 12/31/2007 10:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
hi, i was talking to a friend and just so happens he had the exact same problem as you with vista detecting a removed anti virus software but in his case the offending party was norton internet security 2007 and the only way he got round it was to reinstall and then remove using the softwares unistall option,not windows. i do not know why this worked only it did and that this seems to be fairly common to vista,hope this helps.
just one other thing, if you are using avg free antivirus i would stongly reccommend you get a decent firewall and not rely on the windows supplied one
as for internet security i reckon you find one that works for you and run with it
good luk

madgreen

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/2/2008 7:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help me to Fully Remove BullguardAlert an admin about: Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard
After removing a program by the usual methods I then go to Program Files and delete the relevant folder if it's still there. Sometimes a file in that folder will not delete. Invariably that file relates to a stubborn Registry entry. The program UnlockerAssistant
[http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/] gets rid of it. Free and does a great job. After download it comes up as an option for use when right clicking on stubborn file. BullGuard came preinstalled on my PC 90 day trial offer Using WinXP Professional. So !!!!ed impressive signed up for two years subscription. It is intuitive but for full benefit does require input from user to fully adapt to the individual's PC/computing habits.
Regards

New Topic Post reply to : Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard Printable version of : Please Help me to Fully Remove Bullguard

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, September 19, 2014 6:47 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,607 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36369 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, PeterRoy.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (0)9/19/2014 3:32:51 AM (AllPhillyFan)
Full scan will not get past 6% (4)9/19/2014 1:05:26 AM (VIV Black)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (8)9/17/2014 12:44:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)
This Connection is Untrusted (7)9/17/2014 12:02:41 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Unable to access Hotmail or other email providers (0)9/16/2014 2:20:27 PM (Robert Mateescu)