BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG Printable version of : Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

legrant

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 10/17/2012 10:44 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Had an issue with at least six different customers over the last two months.

They all use Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 and for reasons unknown, they'll suddenly be unable to send or receive mail. The odd thing is that there is no error message - it's as if the program doesn't even try to connect - the send/receive doesn't do anything.

The 'fix' seems to be to uninstall BG and then re-install. Simply disabling BG doesn't work.

I can understand this could be an occasional glitch, but I've had two calls from two different customers today with exactly the same issue.

One customer yesterday I upgraded to Live Mail 2012 and BG13 and the machine played ball; until this morning where it's doing the same thing again...

Just wondered if anyone else is coming across this one.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 10/17/2012 12:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Hello legrant,

Yes this is a bit of a mystery - I have had no problems with Windows Live Mail and BG13.

Sorry I can't be of more help but you need a prompt answer so I would suggest you contact BullGuard Technical Support either by Live Chat or E-mail.

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/17/2012 10:31:54 AM GMT

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 98

Posted 10/17/2012 4:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
I have found that Windows Live Mail (I admit to using an old version from 2009, but I don't like the interface of the later versions) will now and again mysteriously report it has 'stopped working'. This happens whether or not the BullGuard IS 13 spam-checker is enabled, so I can't be even sure the problem is BullGuard-related. OS is Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

legrant

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/18/2012 10:29 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Had a live chat yesterday and Iulia from tech suggested this:

11:11 Iulia Burlacu: In case the problem reappears at some point, I will kindly recommend you not to uninstall BullGuard but to perform the following test:
11:11 Iulia Burlacu: 1) Please open the installed BullGuard application by double clicking it's icon on your desktop or from the taskbar, near the Windows clock.
2) From the initial BullGuard welcome window, please click the "Settings" button.
3) Please click the "Real Time Antivirus" from the left side, then select to turn it OFF and click on the "Save" button. Check if the issue still persists.
4) If it does, please re-enable the Antivirus protection and then click the "Firewall" entry from the left side.
5) Please select to turn OFF your firewall protection and click on the "Save" button. Check if the issue persists. If it does, please re-enable the Firewall module.
6) Click the Spamfilter entry from the left side, select to turn it OFF and click on the "Save" button. If the issue persists, please re-enable it.

This cludge worked until the customer rebooted last night and I now have very angry customer on the phone again...

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 10/18/2012 11:25 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Sorry to hear that didn't work for your customer - keep persisting with Technical Support!

It may be worth uninstalling BG13 and replacing it with BullGuard Internet Security V12 (when prompted to saving settings, DON'T) to see if the problem still occurs.

Post Edited (Dickens) : 10/18/2012 9:29:58 AM GMT

legrant

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/18/2012 11:52 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Sent a new logs to Bullguard this AM

Have removed Bullguard from client's system and installed Microsoft Security Essentials to allow them to keep working.

Just received a call from another client - same issue :-(

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 318

Posted 10/18/2012 8:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Hello!

Please try this workaround:

1. Right click on the Windows Live Mail shortcut.
2. Select "Properties".
3. Go to the compatibility tab , and from there, choose "Show settings for all users"
4. Whilst in the new opened window, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for: ", then select from the dropdown list Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
5. In the lower section of the "Compatibility" window, check "Run this program as an administrator".
6. Press "Apply", and then "OK".
7. Reboot your PC.

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Harr088

Date Joined Dec 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/6/2012 8:19 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Hey guys, has anyone actually got a definitive solution to this problem the bullguard work around that has been posted above does NOT work on my clients pc I have in the workshop at present.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 12/6/2012 1:00 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Hi Harr088,

The issue should have been fixed.
Make sure that you are using Internet Security 2013 with the latest updates.

/Cheers

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Harr088

Date Joined Dec 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/17/2014 2:01 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Hey guys,

I am still seeing this pop up with the new version of Bullguard and the lastest windows live mail. If i exit bullguard it works perfectly fine, if i leave bullguard running i just cannot get the send/receive dialog to work at all. I have been a reseller of this product for over 3 years now and this problem has been cropping up at random for quite some time.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011

Posted 7/17/2014 1:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BGAlert an admin about: Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG
Welcome back Harr088!

Can you please contact our Support Team in order to provide us with several logs in order to identify and correct the error?

Thank you!

Robert Mateescu
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

New Topic Post reply to : Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG Printable version of : Problems with Windows Live Mail & BG

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 01, 2014 9:34 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,719 posts in 13,337 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36612 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, alderfaina14.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
How do I safely remove trojan SysWOW64 (0)11/1/2014 12:16:19 AM (kbstinky)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (20)10/31/2014 1:28:48 PM (klimek69)
Cheap Kitchens Newcastle (0)10/31/2014 11:45:29 AM (wayahpanas)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)