BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU Printable version of : Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Andreas0512

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 6/19/2008 8:30 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
Hello. :)

First of all, I am running Windows Vista with SP1, 1.90 GHz CPU and 3 GB ram.

I purchased a new laptop in april, 2 months ago. After a while a process called "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" started to use up most of the CPU when i started some programs, could be Firefox. It is possible that it was when i installed SP1, but I am not sure.

I have been in contact with BullGuard numerous times, but they have yet to find a solution.
I have tried lots of things, scanning with BG, superantispyware, ad-aware and Ccleaner. I have also sent them a HJT log which was almost clean. basically nothing has worked yet.

Do any of you guys know if I am the first person that experiences this?
Does anyone have a solution?

Sincerely and in hope of answer,
Andreas Rasmussen

hoggens

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/24/2008 8:02 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
I have the same problem,they told me to change windows server to manual,but bullguard still uses a lot´s of memory 95-100mb.and sometimes it uses 100% ram,i also ahve a Vista md arthlon dual core 4400 and 4gb[3.5] memory.And that should be enough!I have checked its bullguard[svchost.exe] services thats running the high cpu.And i have a clean computer.So if anyone has any suggestion i would like to know been using Bullguard for 3year.

_Yessir_

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/23/2008 9:48 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
Mmm

Antonio1Stone

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 10

Posted 7/24/2008 9:39 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
i have a question, i didnt download svchost.exe but it is saying i am running it? i dont know if it is spyware or something else. its user name is LOCAL SERVICE cpu 00 mem usage 68 not really a problem but i dont like things running that i dont know what they do.

Post Edited (Antonio1Stone) : 24-07-2008 19:41:00 GMT

Andreas0512

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/29/2008 5:10 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
"svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated."

Narberth

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/4/2008 8:02 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
Try turning off the spam filter

Theis Sondergaard
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 23

Posted 8/6/2008 1:06 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPUAlert an admin about: Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU
Hi guys,

if you have this problem with svchost.exe taking up constant high percentage of the CPU, please grab a hold of our QA, and they'll try to see if there's a particular reason for this behavior, caused by BullGuard. It's not a general Vista SP1 problem, but might be related to other software you have installed.

Please grab a hold of our Support through the BullGuard application, and refer to this post. They'll then give you the contact-details to QA.

If you want to do a bit of pinpointing yourself, you can try (TEMPORARILY!) to switch off the BullGuard on-access scanning. Go to the AV, and uncheck the "Enable real-time file monitoring". Please note that this effectively switches off the on-access virus detection, and you must re-enable the setting as soon as possible. If this doesnt make a difference in CPU-usage, you can also try switching on/off the firewall or the spamfilter. Whatever the result of this, remember to switch them back on, and report the finding when you talk to our QA.

Theis Søndergaard, CTO, Co-founder | BullGuard Ltd.

New Topic Post reply to : Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU Printable version of : Process "Svchost.exe (BullGuard)" using 75%-95% of CPU

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:51 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,825 posts in 13,361 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36999 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, landskrona66.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Firewall causing high CPU usage (7)12/22/2014 4:30:10 PM (Robert Mateescu)
"Optimising your system" message? (0)12/22/2014 3:48:37 PM (NorthPole)