BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Questions about the server down time yesterday?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Questions about the server down time yesterday?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Questions about the server down time yesterday? Printable version of : Questions about the server down time yesterday?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Baedric

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 14

Posted 10/16/2012 3:37 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
Question for the Dev's about this server down issue that other members experienced?
1)Does this mean that during that 4 hour time period I was protected, but with outdated virus definitions? Not a big deal I guess, but I'm just curious.
2)What plugins are affected by the server being down?
3)Is my av still active during a server downtime?

Post Edited (Baedric) : 10/16/2012 2:30:57 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 10/16/2012 8:55 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
Hello Baedric,

Welcome to our forum!

The Antivirus definitions were not affected in any way, so you have been protected without interruption.

The accounts themselves could not be refreshed (if any changes existed), our websites, backup and Safe Browsing (the green checkmars in your searches) were also not available within this time frame. This has been displayed on as many of our sites as possible.

Everything is now back online. We tested the sites and services from a number of locations around the world and were getting correct responses, but if you have any difficulties, as usual, please contact our Support Team, so we can assist.

Any planned maintenance work will come with information on the exact work we are doing, if this work can disrupt yours. Unplanned maintenance in only posted if the issue can not be remedied withing a few hours. Emergencies are handled immediately, without delay.
The answer to your third question unfortunately depends on which server is down.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Baedric

Date Joined Oct 2012

Posted 10/16/2012 11:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
So depending on which server is down my av may not be protecting me? I find this confusing as to why. The virus definitions are local to my computer, correct? Please explain this to me further.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/17/2012 2:40 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
If you can not connect to the server that is serving you antivirus definitions it doesn't mean that you stop being protected with the ones you already have. It just means that your security is not at it's possible best, since the definitions are not the newest possible.
If this would happen, you would be prompted by both BullGuard and Windows and you would be asked to contact Support. In case we have any (planned) downtime on the Antivirus definitions (which is highly unlikely to happen any time soon), we would have manual updates available handy.

I have said it before, but I will say it again. At BullGuard, our users are always our first priority. We use our experience and knowledge, gather all user feedback and come back with a product that protects your computer while still being easy to use. Every small detail is taken into consideration and we implement most, if not all, good ideas.

However, BullGuard, just like any other program (or any other technical related operation), may need some maintenance that can not be done without interrupting normal operations. Since it's in our users best interest that we do it, we do it even if some of our users will be inconvenienced.

We will always keep you informed of what is going on though.

All the best.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Baedric

Date Joined Oct 2012

Posted 10/17/2012 2:56 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
Thank you so much for the clear explanation Andreea-Luciana! I appreciate your time and the product you support!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 10/17/2012 4:29 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
You are most welcome Baedric!

At any time you have questions, difficulties, ideas, or feedback simply write here or contact Support directly and we will assist.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

charter

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 30

Posted 10/27/2012 3:53 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Questions about the server down time yesterday?Alert an admin about: Questions about the server down time yesterday?
Experiencing the same again.

Whenever I boot my computer for the first time each day I do a manual update.

Today I have been trying and all I get is the message  Last updated 20 hours ago (Cannot connect to update server.)

New Topic Post reply to : Questions about the server down time yesterday? Printable version of : Questions about the server down time yesterday?

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 22, 2014 5:33 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,822 posts in 13,360 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads