I had the same problem using XP and Outlook 2003. I have been in touch with support a number of times and tried many different ways to fix it. I was told they are working on the problem, but as yet no answer. I ended up going back to Version 8.5 which when updated is now 8.7. Problem fixed. The best support could offer was to turn off the spamfilter.
I am running Win7 64bit and Office 2007 Enterprise.
I noticed ALL existing Outlook rules were not running, so deleted the lot and recreated them. (They are all baisc "From........." - "move to........folder" rules)
Rules run on creation but on receipt of new email, the rules occasionallly work but mostly fail.
I have also noticed that the SpamFilter is creating additional copies of any received emails where the new rules work.
ie/ email arrives, enters "spamfilter" folder, retuns to "inbox", rule runs on inbox, moves email to folder X.
Ahhh, maybe thats the issue... the MS rule is moving the email WHILST the Bullguard spamfilder moves it into the "spamfilter" folder... multiple copies of the same email are then filtered by Outlook rules.
Will report to Bullguard support to see what they come up with.
32 days left on the subscription,,,, if its not a good fix its time for a new security suite.
I am sorry for not being able to post here earlier this week but I have been swamped by a lot of unexciting things that needed to be done as soon as possible.
The May cumulative update is available to all BG 9.0 user now. Unfortunately, the update will only solve half the issue with the Outlook rules. It seems that, with this update, the rules will automatically work for email addresses that are in the Spamfilter Whitelist.
Currently, the Spamfilter development people are working on fixing the other half of the issue that will have the rules resume their normal functionality.
Mihai Gherghelescu Application Assessment BullGuard Ltd.