BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Rootkits on demand dont work

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Rootkits on demand dont work  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Rootkits on demand dont work Printable version of : Rootkits on demand dont work
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

kevinaktiffiso

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/22/2012 11:31 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
Hi i contact several times the support and they dont fix the problem. Recently i migrated to Windows 8 in a clean instalation whith all updated drivers. I install bullguard whithouth problems  all features Works fine but i see the on demand root kit análisis dont work. It worry me too much, how much you delay in fix this problem, and what are the posible causes, it dont happens in Windows 7. I dont have secure bot by ufei bios. I collet several logs and make too much test i want peace in mind. I think this is an incompatibility whith Windows 8 pro i can not send you my log because it weigths 10 mb, please help or fix it, i dont think im the only whith this problem, i think nobody checks  in the antivirus logs statistics  where says  Files analized in search of root kits, in my chase it says 0, i have a ticket number but i want to acelerate the process please excúseme for be too nasty

File Attachment :
My Computer#20121119050100000000000.bglog   7KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 11/26/2012 8:36 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
I am looking into the issue for you. I will get back to you as soon as I have any information.

Somebody said...
I dont know if nobody see it or nobody take the importance to this or if bullguard have a low cuote of costumers, or if the simplfy of the software are too high and the people dont see bugs. You say im the only whith this problem in the world. Wow im the chosen one, but in the stadistics of the log of antivirus says 0 files analized in search of root kit the machine has the same software what i have on Windows 7 but in Windows 8 i present this isue, bullguard dont analize rootkits on deman, if perform fullsystem scan or personalized rootkit análisis the result are 0 files analized. I contac several times the support they say my machine are the problem, i install bullguard in clean instalations of Windows8, updated, outdated, whit software whithout software. I try the análisis of rootkit on demand in all the ways posible, and dont see nothing. I read the reports you take of my machine, i see the driver of antirootkit is from 2010, i think its too old. I think to use another product of security, like Windows defender the only who dont have problems whith Windows 8. I know many security products are incompatible whith Windows 8 please fix this bugs. Not all users see that, but all users need security and trust in your products. I use previous versions of bullguard and the support are too much specializated, too better, now i wait one week and dont have reazon of my problem, and dont recibe guaranty im protected, i stay whith you but dont lost costumers for this bugs and negligence. And please dont ignore me, i ask too much because i like to know.

If anybody in the fórum can show me antirootkit on demand Works on Windows 8 . If anybody show me the section stadistics shows antirootkit on demand Works i will acept my machine is the problem, but if you can not, i will not acept this.

I feel bad to (molestarlos), angry because my problem not have solution or periodic answer to see any advance, sad because i trust in bullguard before it will be famous and because i buy a two years suscription to me and recomend it to other people.

Plsease What happen to you?

See my other post to see the log now im wirting you from another machine but see it, and please help

EDIT: I copied your other post here and deleted it. No need for posting multiple times for the same problem.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 11/27/2012 11:48:59 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 11/27/2012 2:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
OK, I found that the logs for the rootkit issue were collected for you by my colleagues. This means that we have the necessary information and a solution will be provided for you as soon as possible. If the issue is on our side and a fix will be released, you will receive it through an update, otherwise you will receive an e-mail message with further advice.
Unfortunately, this means that all we can do now is wait for the investigation to complete.

Please allow me to assure you that our silence always means that we are working on, not ignoring, an issue.

It is good that you are interested in your security and your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

kevinaktiffiso

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/28/2012 1:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
Andrea, i really upset because i dont know what happen and because really like the product, and when im still feel me secure, that happens, when i change operative system, i dont think im only in the world who have one lenovo 470 working on Windows 8 and who install bullguard in this in a clean instalation, whethever and excuse me for this, i only have helped by you and another two guys who dont remember, i think because my several cuestions i know everybody on thecnical support and only you three you, Robert and other guy helps me really. In the past years all bullguard personal help me in the same way, now i feel some more especialtated than others, whetever.

I dont know what another thing to say i can not expres it in english i say in spanish.

Creo que si pueden garantizar seguridad con su producto (independientemente de las capas de protección que use), tomando como base las comparativas, y sobre todo el funcionamiento normal de bullguard todo está bien, lo preocupante son los bugs como este que no permiten saber si el 98% (que dice la comparativa que bullguard protege) es el 98% o por el bug bajó a un 60% (por ejemplo. Reconosco que bullguard es de los pocos productos con soporte técnico de esta manera y por eso confio en ustedes, pero vamos cualqueira se enoja con un "no instale nada deje su computadora como está usela para lo básico navegue con precauciones mayores, es que puede infectarse aunque lo más probable es que no y no sé quien sabe" (in mexico " " means something like absurd or paradox). Uno se siente engañado, en fin... El persnal y el producto funcionando al 100% es lo importante porque es lo que se promete al usuario, lo que se anuncia y promueve y lo que uno eligió

I see interest for your part and think you going to help me, i hope so. Thanks a lot. I going wait and see ocacionally the forum

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 1/22/2013 2:30 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
I confirm that i have the same issue.
By the way, i have accidentally registered with another email address.
I have a paid version of BullGuard.
When i have created a custom profile to scan my C:\ drive the option is available when you create the profile for rootkit scanning. But when you actually perform the scan it does not scan for rootkits.

If i am wrong about this please forgive me. :)
I have attached the log scan.

Post Edited (AvonX) : 1/22/2013 2:04:09 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Shot.jpg
  288KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 120 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Shot2.jpg
  307KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 103 time(s).

File Attachment :
Profile 1#20130121133232000000000.bglog   2KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 80 time(s).

AvonX

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 1/22/2013 4:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
UPDATE* Well in my case in Statistics it says that files has been scanned for rootkits.
Whether they have been actually scanned or not, i don't know.
I guess in "Scan Parameters" is what has confused me because it is not listed there.
This is still something that you need to address because its confusing. It would be nice if it was listed in Scan Parameters as well.
I am new to BullGuard and in this forum so i am still learning. :)

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 1/22/2013 8:14 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Rootkits on demand dont workAlert an admin about: Rootkits on demand dont work
Thank you for the feedback AvonX.

I will make sure to send your logs to our Development Team, so they can investigate further.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Rootkits on demand dont work Printable version of : Rootkits on demand dont work

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, August 22, 2014 10:53 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,568 posts in 13,311 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36262 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, pravintechno.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Best antivirus features under free licensing (0)8/22/2014 6:30:43 AM (pravintechno)
Malware bytes can not be installed successfully and pricechope adware (0)8/21/2014 10:23:52 PM (petlad)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (12)8/21/2014 3:33:32 PM (Lammy101)