BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Safe Browsing Question

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Safe Browsing Question  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Safe Browsing Question Printable version of : Safe Browsing Question
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Hamlet

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 13

Posted 9/22/2012 11:47 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing QuestionAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Question
Hi. I recently bought a one year license for BullGuard Internet Security and I have a question about the safe browsing function. I am not a big fan of have green check marks sprinkled around my web pages and am wondering if I am losing any security by turning off that feature. I know that I will not get the benefit of having BullGuard pre-screen the links on a page, but will I still be protected by another part of the product if I actually click on a link that would have been flagged as malicious by BullGuard?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 9/23/2012 6:49 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing QuestionAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Question
You can disable the Safe Browsing feature if you really need to. You will still be protected by the on-access module and the behavioural protection. We recommend against it though.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

dallas7

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 15

Posted 9/25/2012 9:42 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing QuestionAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Question
The check mark icons will appear only in google, bing, search.yahoo and Facebook pages if you have those items selected in Browsing Settings. This will stop just the "Show" part of Safe Browsing. I verified that with BullGuard's support@ as I was curious about it, too.

The settings should really read, "Show safe results on these search engine websites" which is why I referenced search.yahoo above. In this example, if you have Yahoo selected, the icons will appear only in search.yahoo and nowhere else dot yahoo.

The "show safe results" is just a convenient feature in this protection schema. As long as you have Safe Browsing selected, it is in full effect.

Cheers.

"Machines making machines! How perverse." -C3PO
BullGuard AV 2013 - Online Armor Premium - Zemana AntiLogger - Malwarebytes Pro
Win7hpSP1x64 - i7-3770K, Z77, AMD HD 7770.

Post Edited (dallas7) : 9/25/2012 8:08:53 PM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Safe Browsing Question Printable version of : Safe Browsing Question

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:48 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,776 posts in 13,352 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36832 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, DerekMassey14.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Google Redirect Help (New Case) (13)11/24/2014 9:48:55 AM (xiaosson)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (20)11/24/2014 9:48:10 AM (xiaosson)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (21)11/24/2014 9:35:38 AM (xiaosson)
Bullguard IS 2014 beta (7)11/24/2014 9:35:26 AM (xiaosson)
GTS Kitchens Willenhall (0)11/24/2014 6:49:19 AM (akuwizkesel)