BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Safe Browsing Toolbar problem

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Safe Browsing Toolbar problem  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Safe Browsing Toolbar problem Printable version of : Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

anniesboy

Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 69

Posted 3/22/2011 6:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I am a Firefox user ,having just updated to Firefox 4 .

I was experiencing freezing whenever I used a search engine ( Google,Bing etc)

I disabled Bullguard Safe Browsing add on and everything runs with no problem.

Im posting this in case you encounter a similar problem .

larainit

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/22/2011 10:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I have had exactly the same problem (in all beta version also of Firefox 4) and only today discovered that it was the safe browsing toolbar from Bullguard.
So safe it stops all web searches from working meaning no chance of getting malware!
I have disabled it and all is working well.
As ever a security suite has a bad glitch that they don't seem to want to address.

Now my browser in unsafe thanks to their malfunctioning toolbar

anniesboy

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 3/22/2011 11:06 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I don't think my browser is unsafe as a result, I do use WOT.
I guess it maybe that this "glitch" has only just come to light as many people will not use betas or RC versions of browsers.

I'm sure /hope someone from Bullguard will comment on this.

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 3/24/2011 2:20 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to make sure that the issue is correctly forwarded. I submitted an inquiry yesterday and they are now working on it. In the mean time the Safe browsing option should be disabled. I will post here when the issue is solved so you can update and enable it back.

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

Try BullGuard here

Eley99

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 3/27/2011 5:47 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I am also having the same problem with Firefox4 but also as a note other anti virus programs safe browsing options seem to be experiencing the same problems with Firefox4 (so it may not be just related to bullguard). I have found that by turning off the safe searching option everything runs fine.

Keltic

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 98

Posted 3/29/2011 2:05 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Tavi said...
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to make sure that the issue is correctly forwarded. I submitted an inquiry yesterday and they are now working on it. In the mean time the Safe browsing option should be disabled. I will post here when the issue is solved so you can update and enable it back.

Thanks for heads up, saw the issue as well and disabled toolbar addin

All fully updated and virus free.

Lemon with Ice

Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/3/2011 9:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I also have the problem. The biggest problem here is the google - search, since everything is a completely freezes and nothing works anymore. I disabled the plugin for now.

ACIERNO

Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/16/2011 10:49 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
good post, thanks for post

It is precisely hairy for me completely to compose various scientific drafts, because especially I don’t search to locate fascinating sites of extended information and exceptional literature perfectly and chose primary quotes and specifications. It is change for me directly to refer term paper assistance effectively and I am unquestionably interested with my novel affects.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 306

Posted 4/17/2011 8:42 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
What have the last two posts got to do with the subject of the Safe Browsing Toolbar Problem?

Both writers sound somewhat confused.

shakehead

Post Edited (Dickens) : 17-04-2011 08:39:27 GMT

Shadowsun

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 10

Posted 4/17/2011 2:37 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Same issue for me, new firefox 4 freezes or hangs on any kind of search-engine (bing, google etc.)

disabled the safe browsing plugin for now.

hope they're able to fix it asap smilewinkgrin

anniesboy

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 5/7/2011 9:03 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Hi Tavi,

Can we assume this is still be worked on?

Sean Bahamut

Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 4

Posted 5/9/2011 6:35 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
I have this same issue on both Vista x86 and Windows 7 x64 Pro systems. Any updates?

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 5/10/2011 4:45 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Hello,

I have great news for all of you. We just released an update that should have solve this issue, so we would recommend you re-enable the Safe browsing option as soon as you are sure that your BullGuard is up-to-date.

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

Try BullGuard here

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 306

Posted 5/10/2011 6:18 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Hello Tavi,

I have re-enabled Safe Browsing Toolbar - Firefox 4 seems to be working OK!

Many thanks.

:-)

anniesboy

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 5/10/2011 10:08 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Safe Browsing Toolbar problemAlert an admin about: Safe Browsing Toolbar problem
Yes ,thanks. Looks to be OK

New Topic Post reply to : Safe Browsing Toolbar problem Printable version of : Safe Browsing Toolbar problem

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, November 22, 2014 2:10 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,769 posts in 13,349 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36814 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, charleslunsford.
8 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)
Bgscan parameters (4)11/20/2014 7:17:53 PM (janis)
Is there a future for the Forum? (4)11/19/2014 8:31:27 PM (Dickens)