BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Safe browsing not working ?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Safe browsing not working ?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Safe browsing not working ? Printable version of : Safe browsing not working ?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 12

Posted 3/21/2012 2:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Just upgraded to Bullguard security 12 and am no longer getting the green ticks or otherwise against search results in any search engines. I use Firefox 11 but it isn't working in IE either or chrome. The function is checked & enabled in Bullguard , and Firefox add ons says it is activated too.

Post Edited (RiK_) : 21-03-2012 11:55:45 GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 3/22/2012 5:07 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
You should not be having this issue (apart from a suspicious issue with IE9 that we are investigating currently, which is a very rare case).

Please make sure Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are disabled and uninstall any other security tools (such as security toolbars, other security suites, any other firewalls, or filtering tools, may they be free or paid). Next, reinstall BullGuard and see if you continue to have difficulties.

If you do, then contact us on Live Chat, so we can connect to your computer and investigate the issue further.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 3/25/2012 1:47 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Problem fixed . Thanks ! ;-)

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 4/23/2012 12:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
The feature does not work when I am signed into Google. Has anyone else noticed this? (It works when you sign out). Tried other browsers & clearing the cashe etc . Not a major problem , just wondered why this is?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 4/24/2012 7:42 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Thanks for the feedback.

I will make sure to investigate this and let you know what we find. If any other users experience this, be sure to post your reply here.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

mark1vm

Date Joined Apr 2012
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/1/2012 5:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
have to say it is true when searching with google and logged out you search works ,when logged in search is not their ,also in internet explorer google search works but for bing the web search protection does not work 32/64 either one.and I have only bullguard installed and its the same with windows 8 ie 10 google search works for as long as not logged in and only in 32 bit mode for ie 10 when enhanced protection mode is on for 64 version bullguard safe search does not even work.

hope it helps for you to look into this matter

mark

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 5/26/2012 12:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Any more more updates on this issue. Mine still only works when logged out?

iJonas

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 7

Posted 5/27/2012 1:34 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Andreea-Luciana Ostache said...
Thanks for the feedback.

I will make sure to investigate this and let you know what we find. If any other users experience this, be sure to post your reply here.

I am not getting them on Google and other search engines as well.
I am use Chrome 19.0.1084.52, and I do get warnings when I try to visit sites Bullguard rated as bad.

Let's kill all the bad stuff!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 5/27/2012 12:11 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe browsing not working ?Alert an admin about: Safe browsing not working ?
Ok, so the problem is caused by the fact that we do not scan https links, since they are...well...secure. Once you login to Google, all the search results are displayed in a secured page (if you look at the address at the top, the link starts with https). That doesn't mean that the results are secure though, so we have a small issue.
We are working on solving this issue and see how it is best to get around the issue, but in the meantime if you want BullGuard to scan the links, please logout of google when you search for potentially unsafe sites.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Safe browsing not working ? Printable version of : Safe browsing not working ?

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 22, 2014 11:12 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,612 posts in 13,319 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36378 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, nightzkung.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Crackling Audio With Bullguard (9)9/21/2014 7:57:44 PM (Chris.B)
Two Questions - Changelog & License (2)9/21/2014 1:01:38 AM (Hamlet)
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (1)9/19/2014 6:47:25 PM (Robert Mateescu)