BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

BGUser

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/10/2008 7:47 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6Alert an admin about: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6
Hi All.

BullGuard seems to he horrendously slow when downloading emails in Outlook Express. It can sit for upto a minute before actually downloading the email.
Emails are generally between 1KB and 10KB in size, so they are not big.

If I turn off the Spamfilter, then the emails fly through. "Enable incoming email monitoring" has always been OFF since I installed BullGuard a couple of years ago.

Can anyone give me any suggestions to increase the annoying slow speed my emails download at?

I formatted/reinstalled my PC earlier today, but the same problem exists. Im using BullGuard v8.0.

Thanks!

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 8/11/2008 9:01 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6Alert an admin about: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6
Hello smile

BullGuard uses an “Email Monitoring Service” in order to scan your messages and filter the spam. This service is hosted by a Windows process called svchost.exe – the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services – and this is the executable file which will need Internet access to send or retrieve your messages. Thus, on most occasions, you will not find an entry for your email client among BullGuard’s Firewall Rules.

Try this ->
Solution
1. Open BullGuard and go to the Firewall section > Overview tab.
2. Select the Advanced user level and go to the Profiles tab.
3. Double click the “Custom Security” profile and select the Application Rules tab from the window that appears.
4. Locate all the instances of “Generic Host Process for Win32 Services” allow Internet access for each of them.
5. Click OK in order to confirm the changes and close BullGuard’s console.

See if it help ?

Do NOT post your problem in someone elses thread.
Member of - Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Please do NOT PM me any logs. They will be deleted

GaryCornwall

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/25/2008 4:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6Alert an admin about: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6
Hi,
I had the same problem and de!!!!e several requests for help the matter remained unresolved. I also did what you were advised and it did not cure the situation. In the end I disabled the SPAM filter and now everything comes through super fast.
smilewinkgrin 

AlexKrenvalk

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 7/2/2009 3:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6Alert an admin about: Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6
OOO,in this situation I was and me helped next software-viewing dbx files,it is free as far as I know,furthermore program has many interest capacities,it helped my friends and they were very grateful,to my mind this tool one of the best in sphere recover mails,I say like this,because I has the exprerience,tool will so analyze these corresponding files of dbx format and extract messages, if it is possible,program attempts to retrieve messages and save restored emails to your HDD or any other removable media,also with other mailbox recovery solutions and make sure, that this program works better.

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Slow email downloads - Outlook Express 6

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:52 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,529 posts in 13,304 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36180 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Ianathuth.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard removes CODWAW.exe says its a trojen generic (1)7/26/2014 5:56:15 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)