BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved) Printable version of : Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 14

Posted 12/9/2013 7:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Hi all
since upgrading to BGinternet security 14.
my wireless is taking a good 2 mins or more to click in when starting computer.
I spoke with chat, but could not resolve.

checked drivers,startup, no conflicting AV/firewall( i.e windows defender/firewall OFF).

Before I did the upgrade to 14. wireless connected almost immediately, and now when I check the settings in BG the Fire wall is showing - and only when it turns to the green tick is the wireless connected.
Any ideas????
Thank you.

Post Edited (Drizzle) : 1/5/2014 5:21:46 PM GMT

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 12/12/2013 10:45 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
rolleyes Hmm!! obviously,as no suggestions, something I have to live with!!! confused

Hamlet

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 8

Posted 12/15/2013 9:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Hi. Did you install the 2014 version over the top of the older one or was it a clean install? You might want to consider uninstalling BG 2014 and reinstalling it. If you want, you could also run some kind of disk cleanup function before installing the new version. Also, I don't know how many customizations you have in BullGuard's settings, but if you uninstall it, you could try unchecking the box to save your settings. That would wipe everything clean with regard to BullGuard. You would have to redo any special settings that you had set previously, however.

I don't know if uninstalling and reinstalling will help but it might be worth the effort.

rozermartin

Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 12/16/2013 2:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Probably it's taking time to activate your internet firewall just before you may get connected through some malicious sites. Just check for the settings once.

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 83

Posted 12/17/2013 6:26 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Drizzle,

I've noticed this as well; although it is not taking as long as two minutes for me, I think rozermartin is correct in suggesting that the delay is due to the firewall starting up. You can actually see this if you have the main BG 2014 window open after your PC has first started, when the message 'Firewall starting' appears for a while before there is internet connectivity.

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 12/21/2013 10:11 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Thanks northpole.. you are correct, as you say it is firewall doing its job CHOL:):)

I usually now open BG and as you rightly said you can see firewall starting, and unile gets it's green tick ther is no wireless,, ah well! patience to keep a clean bit of kit.
Thank you for responding.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 520

Posted 12/22/2013 5:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
I will recommend you follow these steps as well:

1. Go to Start and type CMD.exe in the search field.
2. Wait for a few moments and, when CMD.exe is displayed in the list above, right-click on it and select "Run as administrator"
3. In the black CMD window type the following and press Enter:
SFC /SCANNOW
4. Wait for CMD to be finished and reboot the computer.
5. Open Windows update and make sure you have the latest important, security and system updates (important and optional alike).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

rozermartin

Date Joined Oct 2013
Total Posts : 20

Posted 12/24/2013 4:09 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Thanks... Well after performing these steps it's bit faster now.

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 1/4/2014 8:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Hi
Did as suggested above.......Nope still sloooowwww.
Have just upgraded on second lappy and exactly the same.....Hmm could it be the wireless settings????

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 1/5/2014 1:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Usually, this kind of problems are generated by the system services failing/corrupted.

A complete investigation includes looking at the event viewer, repairing the system, removing any remnant drivers or registry keys from previous security suites, and so on.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 1/5/2014 7:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Thanks again Andrea..

Well again after trying several routes and checks, nothing untoward found and nothing changed...

Had a lovely chat with support, he checked my Firewall files, nothing wrong there, we tried a few other things.
Came to the conclusion between us that , as everything worked fine with no delays before upgrading to 14, and it is happening on my second lappy as well.

That it must be overzealous Firewall causing the problem.

Will be reported to technical services and hopefully may find a solution in further updates.

But as I said to Stefan " ok if its protecting me, then so be it" will just have to wait for two/three minutes till Firewall ticks and connects to wireless.

Thanks for all suggestions. sad

So we will say it is solved for now.

Post Edited (Drizzle) : 1/5/2014 4:52:25 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 1/9/2014 1:31 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Don't worry, since you have contacted support and we have your logs, we will get back to you and the problem will be solved. How fast that happens, depends on what the exact problem is.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 1/26/2014 8:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Hi Andrea
Still waiting for any response,and I am still having to wait the 2 to 3 minutes before wireless kicks in. Doh!!! such a pain!!!!!! sad

NorthPole

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 83

Posted 1/27/2014 12:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Firewall startup seems to me to have greatly speeded up since BIS Version 14.0.276.1 was released, Drizzle - are you using that version?

Drizzle

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 1/27/2014 8:17 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)Alert an admin about: Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)
Thanks Northpole..Yep!!! am using 14.02.761 : shakehead

New Topic Post reply to : Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved) Printable version of : Slow wireless connection( Semi Solved)

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:59 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,376 posts in 13,279 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 5 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35791 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Tambah.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Fitted Kitchens Glasgow (0)4/24/2014 4:15:09 PM (Tambah)
Kitchen Design Lancashire Reviews (0)4/24/2014 1:01:43 PM (gourih)
Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller (0)4/24/2014 12:22:24 PM (seneennn9)
Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller (0)4/24/2014 11:17:32 AM (mellyone)
Internet connection intermittent (13)4/23/2014 6:14:10 PM (wafu)