BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first Printable version of : Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

charter

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 30

Posted 1/14/2013 7:09 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this firstAlert an admin about: Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first
I have recently had times where I cannot do anything in the Dashboard section as all the buttons were greyed out.
Also in the settings I could only make changes in the General section.
Bullguard also updated.

Tech support told me that the problem was with Windows and to do a complete clean re-install as some core files must be corrupt.

I thought afterwards about re-installing Bullguard first, so I did this to see if the problem would be resolved this way.

This actually worked. If tech support tells you to re-install Windows, try re-installing Bullguard first - It worked for me.
Seems like there must have been a corrupt Bullguard file.

Maybe it will work - maybe not, depending on the problem. But at least if you try re-installing Bullguard first it is a lot less hassle than re-installing the OS

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 297

Posted 1/15/2013 8:37 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this firstAlert an admin about: Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first
Hi Charter,

Please note that we do not recommend our users to reinstall their operating system unless it is seriously damaged.
Even in that case, a Startup Repair is to be performed before suggesting such a drastic measure.

I will kindly ask you to send me a private message with your BullGuard username. I will check your interactions with our Support Team and return to you.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first Printable version of : Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:01 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,627 posts in 13,326 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36440 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tedlevin14.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Syswow64 (13)9/30/2014 1:41:48 PM (yoko90)