BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem Printable version of : Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

RobM

Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 6/25/2014 4:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
I used Resource Monitor to try and pin point why my CPU sometimes keeps running at 100%, effectively stopping my PC working. I have traced the problem to the following: svchost.exe (bullguard_cache). Can someone advise what I need to do to fix this problem please.

Thank you

pcmedic999

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 7/7/2014 6:55 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
funny I have same issue at the moment not yet sorted

RobM

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 7/7/2014 7:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
The way I have got around this frustrating problem that's caused by Bullguard updates is simple, turn off the automatic update option. You have to be really well organised and remember to do it manually, but this way you control it and can do the updates at the most convenient time for yourself. When you do an update it's amazing how long BG takes to do this and no wonder it makes the CPU go to 100%.

Hope that helps.

pcmedic999

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 7/7/2014 8:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
Not the best fix :>)
This is on a customers Laptop am on with support at the mo
let you know how I get on

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 282

Posted 7/9/2014 3:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
Hi there,

This issue should be solved by the 14.1.281.7 update.
Update your BullGuard and let me know if you need further assistance regarding this matter.

[Edit] The update is available only for non-EN branches for now.
Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Post Edited (Robert Mateescu) : 7/9/2014 3:08:18 PM GMT

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 282

Posted 7/14/2014 4:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problemAlert an admin about: Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem
The 14.1.281.7 update is now available for EN branches.

Update your BullGuard and restart the computer.

Let me know if the issue is solved after applying the update.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem Printable version of : Svchost (bullguard_cache) causes CPU problem

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 01, 2014 2:26 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,585 posts in 13,313 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36298 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, stewartwagner.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (15)8/30/2014 12:06:05 PM (ComFox)