BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Tracking Cookies

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Tracking Cookies  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Tracking Cookies Printable version of : Tracking Cookies
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Ark 2

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/24/2013 3:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Tracking CookiesAlert an admin about: Tracking Cookies
Need some advise please.

When I do a quick scan with Bullguard it ALWAYS returns with Infections Tracking Cookies.   Malware,
Cookie. Rub, Cookie Double Click, Cookie.Mediaplex and others.   It then tells me that  Bullguard has now cleaned the infections.

Could you please tell me why Bullguard does not clean them in the first place instead of me having to do a quick scan which seems to allow it to do so.

It also happens when I do a full scan

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 314

Posted 7/24/2013 3:58 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Tracking CookiesAlert an admin about: Tracking Cookies
Hi Ark 2,

First of all, please note that tracking cookies are parcels of text sent by a server to a Web client (usually a browser) and then sent back unchanged by the client each time it accesses that server. HTTP cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking (state maintenance) and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences, the contents of their electronic shopping carts, geo-location and so on.

Cookies are subject to a number of misconceptions, mostly based on the erroneous notion that they are computer programs. In fact, cookies are simple pieces of data unable to perform any operation by themselves. In particular, they are neither spyware nor viruses.

Most modern browsers allow users to decide whether to accept cookies, but rejection makes some websites unusable. For example, shopping carts implemented using cookies do not work if cookies are rejected; login on different sites will not work, etc.

Each cookie support different functions/ features. Double.click is used mainly for ad-sense by Google, whilst Mediaplex cookie collection is used by...Mediaplex :)

BullGuard detects them as they contain information about your browsing habits, location, login session, etc. This information can be retrieved by malware and used against you by redirecting your favorite websites to shady corners of the internet.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Ark 2

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/24/2013 4:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Tracking CookiesAlert an admin about: Tracking Cookies
Thank you Robert for that.

First.Please take in to consideration that I am 72 years old and I am not very good with computers.

I have had bullguard on my computer for the last two years maybe three and when I have done Bullguard scans I have not seen these cookies show up before.

This has only happened since I had my new computer which is windows 8.

So in brief you are saying do not worry about these cookies and just carry on knowing that I am safe with Bullguard?

I think most of them have come when I visit the Amazon web site.

I thank you for your kind reply. I would just like you to confirm that these cookies are not a problem and I should carry on regardless.

Kindest regards to you

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 314

Posted 7/25/2013 9:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Tracking CookiesAlert an admin about: Tracking Cookies
Hi Ark 2,

Your computer is safe.
The reported cookies do not represent a threat for your machine.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2013

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Tracking Cookies Printable version of : Tracking Cookies

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:57 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,696 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 25 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (28)10/24/2014 9:41:58 PM (Deb1957)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)