BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
81 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 3/21/2010 9:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Hello guys,

First of all, we apologize for this issue that you are experiencing on behalf of the BullGuard update released yesterday for Windows 64-bit systems.

The faulty update has been removed and we are trying to help all our users that have been affected. Yesterday we had an update for 64-bit systems (available on our servers between 16:40 and 17:18 GMT time) that caused multiple Windows and BullGuard files to be quarantined. Based on the information we have, only .exe, .dll and other binary files have been quarantined (no pictures or documents). Consequently, on some systems BullGuard did not run anymore, applications did not work and/or Windows did not start on those systems.

Currently, we have received an overflow of emails, therefore our replies might be slightly delayed. We will do our best to respect the 1-hour limit, but for now we guarantee a response time of 24 hours. In case your email is not answered in due time, please
contact us through Live Chat: bullguard.com/support/live-support.aspx

In the mean time please try to follow this online guide and contact the Support Team if those troubleshooting steps are not working: bullguard.com/support/system-status.aspx

Again, we are truly sorry for what happened and we will do our best to help and compensate you

Update: Many of you are asking if we are testing the updates before releasing them.

To answer this, i must inform you that BullGuard utilizes an Antivirus-engine from BitDefender and we are receiving the signature updates from BitDefender. BitDefender is responsible for the testing etc of the updates, and BullGuard takes pride in making the updates automatically available for the BullGuard users as soon as possible since this provides the highest degree of security for our users. BullGuard has for this reason, despite extensive in-house testing for all products and updates we release, relied on BitDefender’s testing of the signature updates. BullGuard has taken the short term steps as well as we are in dialogue with BitDefender on longer term actions to secure a similar situation cannot happen in the future.

Based on BullGuard’s own evaluations and evaluations done by external parties we have and still see BitDefender’s Antivirus-engine to be the best one in the market and we have still trust in BitDefender.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Alin Vlad) : 22-03-2010 08:36:55 GMT

Topolino

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 9

Posted 3/21/2010 9:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Many of you will have seen the threads on the trojan.fakealert.5 malware problem which was caused by a corrupt update sent by bullguard and bitdefender. This caused huge problems in my system, meaning I had to reboot - was not easy. Once back in the problem was resolved by turning off bullguard and updating the software and moving back all the quarantined files. However, this has left many glitches in my system, including with the software for my sound card, scanner and windows (i.e. updates no longer work) - who knows what else is wrong.

So I try and get Bullguard to help. Their response is thus. They know they caused the problem, they are "very sorry". But here is the kicker - their technical people refuse to try and help people fix the errors left in their system (they admit the errors were caused by their tojan.fakealert.5 issue). In addition the only thing bullguard are offering customers is 6 months free subscription to Bullguard. The program which caused all the problems in the first place. I requested that they send an engineer to fix my computer and they refused. I think as a community people who were affected (i.e. bitdefender and bullguard users) get together and demand a more reasoned response from bullguard/bitdefender - at least assistance from their technical people - then we may get somewhere. If anybody can help rectify the glitches in my system please shout. Bullguard sort yourself out.

Topolino

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 9

Posted 3/21/2010 9:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
PS - I note Bullguard are offering help and compensation this was not my experience at all. So if the policy has changed since this morning please let me know.

Mr A

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/21/2010 10:16 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I cannot open bullguard at all so how is the fix going to help me? You say download the bullguard v9.0 but I bought the gamers edition and the one you have given us to download is a trial, are we going to get the v9.0 for free as it is your problem that this one has !!!! near destroyed my operating system. dont know about the other people who have had this problem but i am extremely annoyed by this foul up by bullguard, and want to know what the hell you intend to do about it?

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/21/2010 10:26 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Mr A said...
I cannot open bullguard at all so how is the fix going to help me?

Yes, it should. If it's not, please contact the Support Team.

Mr A said...
You say download the bullguard v9.0 but I bought the gamers edition and the one you have given us to download is a trial, are we going to get the v9.0 for free as it is your problem that this one has !!!!

If you login with your paid account username and password in the new application, your paid subscription will be activated on it.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Alin Vlad) : 22-03-2010 09:46:35 GMT

GiGi35

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 15

Posted 3/21/2010 11:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I think it is laughable that Bullguard are offering subscription to their software as compensation for all the problems their software caused. In addition I have the same problem as topolino - no help from bullguard support in getting my computer running fully again and a frustration that bullguard are sticking their head in the sand over the issue and the problems caused. In emails I sent not one came back with a sorry - all were terse and giving the bare minimum of assitance.

RobAtlanta

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 8

Posted 3/22/2010 12:14 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I am unable to do anything. I removed the battery on the motherboard to reset the CMOS, but all I get is a blank monitor. I switched from my high definition monitor to a simple VGA and still nothing. I don't see anything from the moment I press the power button; no text, no images, nothing until a little window pops up that says auto logon initialisation has failed which only allows me to click OK. The screen then says no signal and drops to a blank, low power state. I switched keyboards as well just in case it was not recognising the keyboard when I attempt to put it into safe mode or get to the BIOS settings. I am uncertain what to do.

My system is a 64-bit quad processor.

Big Pants

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 19

Posted 3/22/2010 12:41 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
In my case, after hanging online for 7 or 8 hours and watching my pc die after being chewed up by the ebola I was paying Bullguard to protect me against, tech support talked me through a complete Windows reinstall.

They saved my emails.

Everything else, drivers, patches, updates, office software, I'm going through the long, slow process of reinstalling from scratch.

Games? Fuggaddaboudit. Any progress you may have made in whatever spectacular timewasters your new (Jan 10) i7 Windows 7 64 bit (thanks for aiming carefully, Bullguard) gaming rig may have been keeping you busy with, is but a pixel of your imagination. And your pc is running in a slower and generally more wobbly fashion; but difficult to quantify at this point - given that I'm still downloading and installing the basic drivers that I paid a fortune to somebody else to install & build for me.

I'm not interested in sympathy or the extra Bullguard (I was offered 3 years extra at one point last night).

I just want my very expensive brand new pc fixed, properly, by the !!!!!s I was paying to protect me. Or replaced, as necessary. If you don't have a QA process that picks up this most basic of errors before releasing your "guarantee the security of your pc" updates, you're operating fraudulently.

I remain incandescent with anger...

Big Pants

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 12:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Crikey. And for reference, the word was 1d10ts.

I wouldn't believe that swearing would enhance my case.

GiGi35

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 12:50 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I have the same problems as Big pants although I was offered 12 months AV - my pc is not running as it should and I use and need it for work....how can a software company that you pay to protect you, send you a corrupt update that chews up the whole operating system - software hardly ever goes back as it should after this. It is like paying for a guard dog that then invites burglars into your house, gives them your valuables, serves them a three course meal and then when you come home bites your arm off. I still have no sound - this PC is fairly new, I have never felt such anger against a company. BULLGUARD sort it out and offer people proper help to remedy your massive mistake.

trojanfakealert5

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 3/22/2010 1:03 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I have read the current issues page and tried to follow the steps as i now have one pc sort of running in safe mode BUT i do not have anything in the quarantine folder dated 2010, everything is 2009. So i think the tool is the solution (BGQuarantineRestore) but I dont understand where in the process Im supposed to right click the archive because "extract here......" is never an option. why aren't the instructions clearer?

terry 2

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 5

Posted 3/22/2010 1:14 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Even after I managed to save my system, I am discovering gliches in other programs. When I tried to run MW2 on steam, it did not work properly. When I vairified the game, I had 6 files missing/damaged.

So there may be problems with all programs on the PC.

What do I do about this? Reinstall everything? How much time would I have to waste cleaning up bullgards mess?

Also, did Bullgard actually test the FakeAlert.5 update before releasing it?

Bad_Mark

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 4:38 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I'm like a few others in htat my PC is soundless. Running through the hardware inventory, its also got missing drivers for the BIOS and for the 4 processors. BG basically told me to dig through any disks that came with the PC, or to check the website of the manufacturer... that's it - of no, I almost forgot, they also extended my subscription to their product by 6 months. Gotta laugh at that. It takes a real brand of optimism on their part to expect me to stay with them after this.

One other thought occurs to me, as I survey the wreckage they have induced - the instructions for "fixing", includerestoring the contents of the Quarentine area - which is where any real viruses might also be... and it also involves turning your virus scanner off. Does that mean that apart from losing vital system files and drivers, that I should also be worrying about having a virus on the PC? I wouldn't put anything past these fools at the moment. I'd take it to a lawyer and sue them, but I suspect there will be no money - they will be bust. One thing I'm certain I'm doing - I bought their POS product with a credit card, and I'm contacting the CC company in the morning, and getting my money back.

Unbelievably bad.

Big Pants

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 4:38 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
"Does this apply to all users who were effected by this issue?"

What? The offer of even more shoddy product that killed our pc's in the first place?

Why on earth would I or any of the myriad others whose work, lives and leisure have been so utterly sodomised by the release of something so fundamentally wrong want to perpetuate this farrago?

Post Edited (Big Pants) : 22-03-2010 01:39:33 GMT

nemesisv

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/22/2010 4:53 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Alin Vlad said...
Mr A said...
I cannot open bullguard at all so how is the fix going to help me?

Yes, it should. If it's not, please contact the Support Team.

Mr A said...
You say download the bullguard v9.0 but I bought the gamers edition and the one you have given us to download is a trial, are we going to get the v9.0 for free as it is your problem that this one has !!!!

If you login with your paid account username and password in the new application, your paid subscription will be activated on it.

Mr A said...
ear destroyed my operating system. dont know about the other people who have had this problem but i am extremely annoyed by this foul up by bullguard, and want to know what the hell you intend to do about it?

We are sincerely apologizing for this issue. To compensate, please send me your BullGuard username by Private Message and i will make sure to add 12 extra months to your current subscription.

Thanks for the extra 12 months, I would appreciateed that. My account is (***** Sent via IM ******)
I suppose for my damaged machine, I would have no choice but to re-install the OS... :(
However, I have a more pressing matters. Now that I have another machine which is not yet destroyed by the update, but had installed the update. I have not rebooted it. Which I am sure if I do, will pretty much end up dead like my first one with all the files quarantine... So What are the steps I can take to "rescue" this machine before I go ahead and reboot it?

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/22/2010 8:00 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
nemesisv said...

However, I have a more pressing matters. Now that I have another machine which is not yet destroyed by the update, but had installed the update. I have not rebooted it. Which I am sure if I do, will pretty much end up dead like my first one with all the files quarantine... So What are the steps I can take to "rescue" this machine before I go ahead and reboot it?

You can turn on the PC in Safe Mode, restore the Quarantine folder using the BgQuarantineRestore.exe tool, then reinstall BullGuard.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Alin Vlad) : 22-03-2010 09:48:07 GMT

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/22/2010 11:34 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
terry 2 said...
Even after I managed to save my system, I am discovering gliches in other programs. When I tried to run MW2 on steam, it did not work properly. When I vairified the game, I had 6 files missing/damaged.

So there may be problems with all programs on the PC.

What do I do about this? Reinstall everything? How much time would I have to waste cleaning up bullgards mess?

Also, did Bullgard actually test the FakeAlert.5 update before releasing it?

Have you used the Bgquarantinerestore tool in Safe Mode, then reinstalled the BullGuard application ?

BullGuard utilizes an Antivirus-engine from BitDefender and we are receiving the signature updates from BitDefender. BitDefender is responsible for the testing etc of the updates, and BullGuard takes pride in making the updates automatically available for the BullGuard users as soon as possible since this provides the highest degree of security for our users. BullGuard has for this reason, despite extensive in-house testing for all products and updates we release, relied on BitDefender’s testing of the signature updates. BullGuard has taken the short term steps as well as we are in dialogue with BitDefender on longer term actions to secure a similar situation cannot happen in the future.

Based on BullGuard’s own evaluations and evaluations done by external parties we have and still see BitDefender’s Antivirus-engine to be the best one in the market and we have still trust in BitDefender.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

trojanfakealert5

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 11:55 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
You haven't replied to my my email yet and the new "improved" 24 hour deadline is shortly expired. You also haven't replied to my post above. How do I use the BGQuarrantineRestore tool? There is nothing in my quarantine file dated 2010.
The one pc I have concentrated on getting running (luckily I have a multilicence so all my computers are damaged) is now super slow, start up takes 10 minutes min, its also very unstable and has crashed half a dozen times and is constantly trying to repair TrayApps/Steam other stuff and I have no sound. What about a registry repair tool to try to start to sort this out?

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/22/2010 12:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
I would advice you to contact the Live Support by chat to try a Remote Assistance session.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Garindalf

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 3/22/2010 12:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Bullguard, Just so that you know. Your advice for people who cannot boot up their system does not always work. Some of our computers have gone beyond the stage where we even receive the screens you show in your instructions.

What is needed is some kind of program that can be burned to a CD/DVD and run from boot up. I don't know if this is possible but it appears to be the only solution to the problems myself and obviously many others are now facing.

I have given up on Bullguard. I am now going to go to the shop and buy myself a copy of Windows 7 - will probably cost me £70-80 - I feel that I should be sending you the bill to be perfectly honest and then I should make you re-install it all and get my one month old computer running exactly as it was before you broke it with all my settings, software and programs restored.

I hope Bullguard goes to the wall because of this. You do not deserve to be in such a position of trust within the computing industry.

Apologies and offers of extended free service don't cut it for me. Heads should roll.

GiGi35

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 12:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Bullguard have still not helped me with my problems - I am spending hours and hours trying to fix my pc. What bullguard have done is wreck people's PCs and then not offer proper assistance to rectify the matter. To me they deserve a huge class action lawsuit - like to see them rely on the disclaimer in the contract over sending a corrupt update which destroys people's PCs.
By the way I would like the forum moderator to say something more useful than offering us a further subscription the the program that destroyed our pcs and the live assistance to help fix my pc step by step. Or they can pay for an engineer to come out and do it - this is more than reasonable - otherwise I am issuing proceedings in the small claims court to reclaim the cost of the engineer I will employ so I can work again

Big Pants

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 12:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
Dear Bullguard

I wasted seven hours of my Saturday yesterday trying to identify the problems caused by your product, and eventually doing a complete Windows reinstall and losing months worth of work and data.

Now today I find that my almost new £1500 pc runs like a Model T Ford.

Given the explicit claim on your website: You want to store your files, browse and shop without worrying about the technicalities of whether and how everything’s protected and connected, and without dreading complex installation and maintenance processes.
You just want to be safe online. and your almost complete lack of customer service so far I would like to know what steps you propose taking to restore my pc to normality without further complex installation and maintenance processes. You have destroyed my PC and all faith I ever had in your brand, through a stupid, thoughtless action that was then badly handled from the off.

Here's my proposal:

Refund my Bullguard licence in full

Send a technician, or allow me to appoint one and invoice you, to rectify all the issues you have caused in my pc.

Reimburse me at reasonable rate for the excessive time I have already spent attempting to fix this entirely avoidable issue, and the time to come installing drivers, software and patches just to get back to where I was before my trusted protector raped me from the inside out.

Sack your testing team and explain to the public, in detail, just how you thought it appropriate to release a major update that was so deeply flawed. Do you even have pre-release test processes?

Please could you attempt to provide some proactive service for the first time ever by responding to this email swiftly.

- a very, very !!!!ed off ex-customer.

BullGuard Support Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting BullGuard's Support Team.

We would like to notify you of the fact that around 16:40 GMT our Antivirus engines started flagging different Windows files from 64-bit operating systems as infected with "Trojan.FakeAlert.5".

Detection was removed shortly after that, at 17:18 GMT, but some machines were already affected by this update.

At this moment, our recommendation to deal with this problem is the following:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the system tray and open the console.

2. Choose the Antivirus plugin and then turn it off.

3. Next, go to Quarantine section within the Antivirus plugin, so that you can recover your files.

4. Select all the files in the list and click on the "Move back" button.

The most simple solution however is to start your computer in safe mode, uninstall BullGuard, run a System restore to an earlier date and then reinstall it after rebooting in normal mode.

Here is how : http://www.technospot.net/blogs/how-to-do-a-system-restore-in-windows-vista-and-windows-7 .

For more details on why the issue occured, see the attached image file.

Furthermore, I have added an additional year to your subscription to make up for the trouble this is causing you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any more assistance or information.

Kind regards,

Dragos Iordache
BullGuard Support Team

Dear Dragos.

I reject this offer and refer you to my earlier email, in particular my proposals.

I have pasted it below for convenience.

I await your swift and customer-focused response.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting BullGuard's Support Team.

Unfortunately , we cannot perform any of your requests, not even refunding you the subscription , as this has to be done by the reseller where you purchased you BullGuard CD . We can only refund payments done online.

As per your other requests, we are sorry , but none of them are covered by the BullGuard legal terms, to which you agree when installing the software.

The solution to this problem is simple and presented in the previous email I sent you, not requiring any aid from any specialized professional, and I'm sorry but if you are not willing to cooperate in the slightest manner in getting this issue resolved, our hands are tied.

Once again I will kindly ask you to read why this event tool place in the attached picture and why we cannot be held fully accountable for it.

Please remember our Support Service is available 24/7 at support@bullguard.com and http://www.bullguard.com/support/live-support.aspx. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance or information.

Kind regards,

Dragos Iordache
BullGuard Support Team

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Dragos

If you are accusing me of "not being willing to co-operate in the slightest manner in getting this issue resolved", after 3 days of trying to rectify the soup Bullguard has made of my pc, then my astonishment at your flagrant disregard of the most basic of customer service knows no bounds. Not only have you released a corrupt update without testing it, but now you wish to wash your hands of the situation.

I note that your terms and conditions specifically exclude you from consequential loss suffered by users as a result of your actions, however, the 1979 Sale of Goods Act requires the articles you sell to be "as described", "satisfactory" and "fit for purpose". Evidence shown here on these forums and elsewhere on line supports my contention that Bullguard has been none of these, and in the absence of a satisfactory reply I will as necessary resort to the full range of options available to me under the law. You have an opportunity to display some customer care here, or the chance to destroy any last shred of brand credibility left. After the farrago that has been this update and your response to it, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised at your poor response.

I look forward to pursuing you, to the ends of the earth if necessary, for restitution.

So, I shall now resort to the UK small claims court process, and to publicising this disgusting behaviour across the online space. I should be pleased to support or join in class action with other users who have been similarly treated by Bullguard - ruining their pc and then disclai,ing responsibility. You want a fight, Bullguard? You got one.

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/22/2010 12:56 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
GiGi35 said...
By the way I would like the forum moderator to say something more useful than offering us a further subscription the the program that destroyed our pcs and the live assistance to help fix my pc step by step. Or they can pay for an engineer to come out and do it - this is more than reasonable - otherwise I am issuing proceedings in the small claims court to reclaim the cost of the engineer I will employ so I can work again

As you see in the opening post, i forwarded the costumers to our detailed online guides that gives troubleshooting steps. Also, i posted the Support Contact details. I provide as much help that i can using the forum platform. You can always contact Live Support to try a Remote Assistance session.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

GiGi35

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/22/2010 2:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
As the forum monitor well knows because of the discussion I have had with him, the online guides are not always going to help and live assistance cannot always help. What Bullguard are asking customers to do is spend hours and hours of their time trying to get computers running properly that have been destroyed or caused to malfunction to varying levels because of their corrupt update. The problem seems to be with the message coming to bullguard staff from the top. I suggest Bullguard management instructs its staff to bend over backwards to help its customers recover from the corrupt update Bullguard sent. I have instructed an engineer to come (as I promised bullguard I would) and will be issuing proceedings in the small claims court to recover my money and my wasted time. My hourly billable rate is quite high by the way (for my lost work time today).  My view, is that the product was not fit for purpose and so any disclaimer bullguard try and rely on in the licence agreement will not hold up. It is clear that the update they supplied was not fit for the purpose it was supplied. Furtermore, I am not sure a disclaimer would survice the unfair contracts terms act in these circumstances.

What I want is this, a refund of my licence, the cost of the engineer repaid and a gesture of goodwill. Bullguard I suggest you get a manager in touch with me because I am serious and issuing a claim in the small claims court is very easy to do.

Alin Vlad
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 3/22/2010 2:25 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issueAlert an admin about: Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
For refund inquiries, please send an e-mail at payment@bullguard.com.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Trojan.FakeAlert.5 Update issue
81 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4 

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, April 18, 2014 11:44 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,357 posts in 13,272 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 11 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35763 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, jengkol12.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (6)4/18/2014 7:27:55 PM (wafu)
Safe Results while surfing no longer show (15)4/18/2014 10:05:11 AM (DCR)
Music Hanging when surfing net, stops when i turn off firewall! (3)4/16/2014 4:20:53 PM (MNH)
Computer running snail slow, virus maybe (26)4/16/2014 3:12:05 PM (KMB1999)