BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP Printable version of : Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Woolly Mammoth

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/8/2014 12:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XPAlert an admin about: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
Hi
I recently purchased the Bullguard Internet Security and installed it on a desktop running Windows XP with AMD Phenom II X2 545 3Ghz processor and 2Ghz ram. I am having problems with very slow start up and running programs and I noticed that bullguardscanner.exe is running very high memory usage. Is this the background scanning of the program and if so would I be better using different software on an XP operating system?
Thanks

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/10/2014 7:09 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XPAlert an admin about: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
Contact Support and ask for assistance. Your computer is older, but with decent specifications, so you should not have this problem.

For Windows XP users I generally advice they visit Start > Programs > Windows Update and check that they have all Windows related and .net Framework related updates installed, both "optional" and important. With XP discontinued, it is vital that the computer has the latest updates.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

grumps3

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/11/2014 10:16 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XPAlert an admin about: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
I had a similar issue on my windows 8.1 laptop
I have an Aspire V3 with 8gb ddr memory and is normally very quick.
Bullguard slowed it up completely at start up.
I disabled auto update on start up and selected warn me if settings are old after 7 days.
It now runs normal.

Its a strange issue as I do not have this with my Vista desktop machine.
On my XP lap top I have now uninstalled Bullguard as it was giving far too many issues with my programmes on there. I run a free Commodo on that machine

Post Edited (grumps3) : 4/11/2014 7:20:30 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 4/12/2014 7:41 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XPAlert an admin about: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
BullGuard is not slow and not slowing down any computer.
If this happens, there is an underlying issue that's causing it to misbehave.

BullGuard has the bad habit of surfacing issues. It's a good thing, because at least this way you know something is up and you contact us. Please find the support link in my signature.

Also, if you have an issue, please open your own post.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

grumps3

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/14/2014 9:41 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XPAlert an admin about: Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP
I dont have have an issue NOW
As I said I stopped the auto update and this then STOPPED the slow start up on MY computer
Regards

New Topic Post reply to : Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP Printable version of : Using Bullguard Internet Security on Windows XP

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:07 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,670 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36544 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, gsm ashik.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (6)10/21/2014 9:31:52 PM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)