BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard Printable version of : Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

NYCisThePlace2be

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/27/2011 5:09 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to BullguardAlert an admin about: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard
I have set the Windows Updates on my computer to an Automatic setting. However, I do not receive updates, due to a tightened security system. When I search for Windows Updates using the Check for Updates option in the Control Panel, it states that, "an error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer." When I disable Bullguard, I am able to get all critical updates for the computer. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have set the following rules:

[low level]
Low Allow DNS (TCP) - Allow - outgoing
Low Allow DNS (UDP) - Allow - outgoing
*everything else is blocked for incoming and outgoing

[advanced rules]
Adv Allow DNS (TCP) - Allow - outgoing
Adv Allow DNS (UDP) - Allow - outgoing
*everything else is blocked for incoming and outgoing

I would like to keep security tight and secure, but do not want to disable my firewall for the sake of updates.

Thanks for reading.

Post Edited (NYCisThePlace2be) : 27-04-2011 03:18:15 GMT

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 5/2/2011 5:34 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to BullguardAlert an admin about: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard
Hey,

In order to assist you properly, we need to take a look at your Firewall logs and rules. That is why I would recommend you contact us via email or chat as this guide shows and as soon as we have the necessary information we can make the correct settings, without loosing the protection your computer needs.

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

Try BullGuard here

ask1

Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/12/2011 12:08 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to BullguardAlert an admin about: Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard
I have a similar problem.

I have amended auto Windows update, as any re-start during the night caused conflicts with my system the following day. I could not get into my browsers - either Firefox or IE9. I now only manually update, during the day.

I worked out that if I knock out Bullguard after the re-boot, then the browsers will load. I then restore the Bullguard. I guess it's the firewall causing the problem and it's a pain.

New Topic Post reply to : Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard Printable version of : Windows 7 Updates Issues Related to Bullguard

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:35 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,825 posts in 13,363 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36987 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ikiendingegan.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Flatpack Kitchen Cabinets (0)12/18/2014 7:37:44 AM (ikiendingegan)
Cheap Kitchens Bradford (0)12/18/2014 7:23:59 AM (Hummingbird21)
Cheap Kitchens UK Reviews (0)12/18/2014 4:34:28 AM (GetRich09)
Firewall blocking programs without warning/ BsFireTemp Folder (3)12/17/2014 9:18:56 PM (Gavio101)
Pc wont shut down if Bis is installed (4)12/15/2014 12:14:58 PM (Mike A)