BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard Customers > Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security? Printable version of : Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Hamlet

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 8

Posted 12/1/2012 6:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
Hello. Should the Windows firewall be turned on or off when BullGuard Internet Security is installed? Does it matter one way or the other? I am just wondering because I have BullGuard installed with the firewall on and my Windows firewall is still turned on. Things seem to be running very well. Thank you for your assistance.

anniesboy

Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 65

Posted 12/1/2012 9:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
The windows firewall should be off.
Take a look in control Panel> security
You should see a message warning of a conflict should you have two firewalls running.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
firewall.JPG
  23KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 205 time(s).

Hamlet

Date Joined Sep 2012

Posted 12/1/2012 10:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
Hi. Thanks for the information. I do see that error message and I am turning off the Windows firewall. I am still wondering about this, however, because some products have firewalls that are meant to supplement or work with the Windows firewall. Avast and Webroot Secure Anywhere are like this. Maybe Bullguard is also? I don't think so, because I don't see anything like that in the BullGuard help documentation.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 12/2/2012 4:34 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
Dear Hamlet,

All security companies offer computer security in at least two forms: Antivirus and Internet Security. The difference between the two, here at BullGuard, can be seen here: www.bullguard.com/products/compare-products.aspx

You should not have two Firewall or two Antivirus providers, regardless of the brand. If you look into security a little, you can see that each feature from an Internet Security product has a different function. This is why you should try as many suites as possible (one at a time), find one that you like and stick with it.

All the best!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Hamlet

Date Joined Sep 2012

Posted 12/6/2012 6:47 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
Thanks for the information and advice. I have turned off my Windows firewall. For a while, my computer said neither firewall was turned on eventhough BullGuard's firewall was running. I rebooted once and then again and now the Windows Security Center is showing that the Windows firewall is off and the BullGuard fiewall is on. So, I think all is well.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 12/7/2012 11:50 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?Alert an admin about: Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?
I am glad to hear all is well.

Remember that you can contact support 24/7 for advice and information.

Have a great week-end!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security? Printable version of : Windows Firewall - on or off with BullGuard Internet Security?

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:44 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,521 posts in 13,303 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36142 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, rv1979.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Virus Through Email (2)7/22/2014 9:14:43 PM (tbush004)
Firewall causing high CPU usage (5)7/22/2014 7:01:03 PM (rv1979)
Python.exe is malware?? (1)7/22/2014 12:51:17 PM (Touch)
Cant delete annoying music downloader help? (1)7/22/2014 7:44:23 AM (Touch)