Error message: Could not start real-time file scanner. Error 0x435, Step 5

Posted 1/28/2014 10:35 PM

NMiles Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have uninstalled and installed the software twice now following the advice from BullGuard Customer Support, (I have only just recently installed this programme), but I am still getting this message. Is it important? How can I remove it - this is quite frustrating.
Posted 3/19/2014 10:38 AM

BruceMe Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I've had a similarly unproductive exchange with BullGuard Customer Support, which insists that I must uninstall (and not reinstall) other security software, e.g. Hitman Pro/Alert, Emisoft and Malwarebytes, despite them being on-demand scanners/utilities rather than real time. My response is that they're explicitly designed to work alongside, say, Bullguard. I think it's right to be concerned when the Realtime scanner reports that it isn't working, even if it subsequently starts OK. Mine is a recurring error. I'm thinking of submitting a formal complaint about the handling of my enquiry and the nonsensical responses I've had to date.

Have you found a resolution since late January? Shall I update you as and when I find one?
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 1:51 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.