Error message: Could not start real-time file scanner. Error 0x435, Step 5

Posted 1/28/2014 10:35 PM

NMiles Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have uninstalled and installed the software twice now following the advice from BullGuard Customer Support, (I have only just recently installed this programme), but I am still getting this message. Is it important? How can I remove it - this is quite frustrating.
Posted 3/19/2014 10:38 AM

BruceMe Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I've had a similarly unproductive exchange with BullGuard Customer Support, which insists that I must uninstall (and not reinstall) other security software, e.g. Hitman Pro/Alert, Emisoft and Malwarebytes, despite them being on-demand scanners/utilities rather than real time. My response is that they're explicitly designed to work alongside, say, Bullguard. I think it's right to be concerned when the Realtime scanner reports that it isn't working, even if it subsequently starts OK. Mine is a recurring error. I'm thinking of submitting a formal complaint about the handling of my enquiry and the nonsensical responses I've had to date.

Have you found a resolution since late January? Shall I update you as and when I find one?
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, April 24, 2017, 1:42 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,194 posts in 13,463 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,020 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, gobertron.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.