File exclusion

Posted 12/16/2013 10:01 PM

RoyW Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
This related to BGIS v12

I can exclude a specific file by name from the on access scan but I cannot achieve this from the on demand scan. This seems illogical.

I have an application file eg app.exe which is dubious in that Bullguard reports a trojan infection and quarantines it.
So I can exclude this file[by name] from the on access scan and continue to use it. However I cannot exclude it from the scheduled on demand scan so it gets quarantined.
Is there another way to achieve this? Is this true of v13/14 as well?

Just to explain, I have monitored network traffic from this app carefully whilst in use and there seems to be nothing going on. I have uploaded it to Jotti and 9 out of 23 av engines report it as infected with a trojan.

Thanks
Roy
Post attachments:
jottiScan.JPG
Posted 12/22/2013 2:08 PM

Advanced member

Dear Roy,

If you wish that we analyze a file, please add it to a password protected archive (otherwise it will be deleted by our mailing system) and attach the archive to an e-mail message to support@bullguard.com.
The file will be sent to our Virus Team and you will be informed of the results of the investigation, by e-mail.

Alternatively, you can upload the file directly from the quarantine. This is automatically sent to our Virus Team though, so you will not be informed on the result of the investigation. However, if the file is found to be clean, the detection is removed. Otherwise, it will continue to be detected.

Happy Holidays!
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 9, 2016, 1:08 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.