/

Sec

Firewall causing high CPU usage

Posted 7/16/2014 3:54 PM

Mike G Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi,

I've been having this problem for awhile now, when my computer tries to load a large number of internet connections, it will slow down massively, the mouse will stutter, sound will freeze in a loop, fans go manic etc..
This is particularly noticeable while using a torrent but it also happens with a large number of firefox windows, and seems to occur more often when the computer has been on for awhile.

The process which is taking up the CPU is called NT & Kernel (sometimes svghost) and it can run up to 100% CPU usage across all 4 i7 cores.

I have run an analysis in the cmd prompt and established that the process inside of NT & Kernel causing the issue is called afwcore http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=AfwCore.sys
After seeing that this is a firewall driver i began to experiment and have established that the Bullguard firewall is causing the issue.

Turning off the firewall during an episode immediately fixes the issue, and the problem does not occur with the windows firewall turned on instead.

Please can you advise what my next step would be? thanks

Mike
Posted 7/16/2014 6:15 PM

klimek69 Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 18
again, the problem turns out to be a firewall, the team BullGuard has something to do with it,
Posted 7/17/2014 11:32 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hello Mike, please note that there is already a thread open regarding this issue.
I will kindly ask you to join us rather than opening a new one.

http://forum.bullguard.com:81/forum/15/Bullguard-2014-Firewall-and-hi_97333.html

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 7/22/2014 7:11 AM

ludwinas Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello,

I'm having the same problem and I hear there is already a thread open, but I can't find it. Could I get a link?

thanks,

Laura
Posted 7/22/2014 11:48 AM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Click here .
Robert Mateescu
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 7/22/2014 7:01 PM

rv1979 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
bullguard!
the question was can we as bullguard PAYING customers roll back to an older version because YOUR current version is rubbish! you are leading us all up the garden path sending us to websites to try to get to the bottom of OUR pc faults.
ITS YOUR NEW VERSION causing problems for all of us. put a patch out to fix it please, were not all geeks and know how to do all the so called repairing/studying of bar graphs!
Posted 12/22/2014 1:17 PM

landskrona66 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey...still no solution on this thread yet???

Today i was stupid enuff to renew my bullguard despite that my firewall doestn work.....
can i get a refund maybe or are u gonna find a solution soon for this......
Its ure firewall thats the problem enuff said...come on just realize it and fix it plz...
Posted 12/22/2014 4:30 PM

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello landskrona66,

The high latency caused by the firewall driver has been solved shortly after version 15 was released.
If your firewall does not start, I recommend you to contact our Support Team for assistance.
Alternatively, as we have a 30 days money back, no questions asked policy, you can ask for a full refund of your renewal.

Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
www.bullguard.com

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, December 4, 2016, 9:27 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.