• WannaCry, Petya / Golden Eye Virus and all ransomware
Buy Now 60% off

Running slow

Posted 2/21/2008 1:13 AM

andy_s Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi,
I have a problem. Yesterday my computer started running very slow. Just trying to traverse through the start menu seemed to slow my computer down to the point where it was very annoying. I originally thought I had a virus, so I did a full system scan but Bullgaurd found nothing. So to be safe, I formatted my hard drive by deleting the partitions and then re-formatted my hard drive. When I was done installing everything, the same thing was happening. This is when I started disabling programs I was running to hunt down the problem. To my surprise, as soon as I disable Bullgaurd, everything ran fine but when Bullguard was enabled, everything started to running slow again. So after disabling and enabling certain Bullgaurd protection schema’s, I found it was the Spamfilter that was slowing everything down. I've been running Bullgaurd for a while now and never had a single problem until yesterday. I was wondering if a patch or update might have done this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Andrew
Posted 2/22/2008 7:26 AM

Dacho Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 8
I've just spent hours trying to fix my computer and my sons, new drivers, complete scans, etc, etc.

Move the mouse 50% CPU.
Turn off BG 1% CPU.
Something happened in the last few days.!!
Posted 2/22/2008 5:51 PM

Numpty Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Disable the spamfilter. This is a known problem that bullguard are working on as we speak. Don't format and reinstall windows and all your software as i did :( Wasted a whole day. Surely a email from bullguard would be the correct thing to do for "known" issues?
Posted 3/2/2008 1:30 AM

AlexUhde Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 11
Hello!

Numpty is right! When you disable the Spamfilter (spam module) the CPU usage from the csrss.exe goes back to normal.
I have it jumping between 30 - 60% with Spamfilter and 0-3% without!

Now all my games run smooth again!!

Regards,
Alex
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, July 22, 2017, 12:43 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,305 posts in 13,482 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,066 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tinytim4.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.