Running slow

Posted 2/21/2008 1:13 AM

andy_s Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi,
I have a problem. Yesterday my computer started running very slow. Just trying to traverse through the start menu seemed to slow my computer down to the point where it was very annoying. I originally thought I had a virus, so I did a full system scan but Bullgaurd found nothing. So to be safe, I formatted my hard drive by deleting the partitions and then re-formatted my hard drive. When I was done installing everything, the same thing was happening. This is when I started disabling programs I was running to hunt down the problem. To my surprise, as soon as I disable Bullgaurd, everything ran fine but when Bullguard was enabled, everything started to running slow again. So after disabling and enabling certain Bullgaurd protection schema’s, I found it was the Spamfilter that was slowing everything down. I've been running Bullgaurd for a while now and never had a single problem until yesterday. I was wondering if a patch or update might have done this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Andrew
Posted 2/22/2008 7:26 AM

Dacho Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 8
I've just spent hours trying to fix my computer and my sons, new drivers, complete scans, etc, etc.

Move the mouse 50% CPU.
Turn off BG 1% CPU.
Something happened in the last few days.!!
Posted 2/22/2008 5:51 PM

Numpty Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Disable the spamfilter. This is a known problem that bullguard are working on as we speak. Don't format and reinstall windows and all your software as i did :( Wasted a whole day. Surely a email from bullguard would be the correct thing to do for "known" issues?
Posted 3/2/2008 1:30 AM

AlexUhde Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 11
Hello!

Numpty is right! When you disable the Spamfilter (spam module) the CPU usage from the csrss.exe goes back to normal.
I have it jumping between 30 - 60% with Spamfilter and 0-3% without!

Now all my games run smooth again!!

Regards,
Alex
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 9:15 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.