Safe browsing not working ?

Posted 3/21/2012 11:55 AM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
Just upgraded to Bullguard security 12 and am no longer getting the green ticks or otherwise against search results in any search engines. I use Firefox 11 but it isn't working in IE either or chrome. The function is checked & enabled in Bullguard , and Firefox add ons says it is activated too.
Posted 3/22/2012 2:07 AM

Advanced member

You should not be having this issue (apart from a suspicious issue with IE9 that we are investigating currently, which is a very rare case).

Please make sure Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are disabled and uninstall any other security tools (such as security toolbars, other security suites, any other firewalls, or filtering tools, may they be free or paid). Next, reinstall BullGuard and see if you continue to have difficulties.

If you do, then contact us on Live Chat, so we can connect to your computer and investigate the issue further.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/25/2012 10:47 AM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Problem fixed . Thanks ! ;-)
Posted 4/23/2012 9:29 AM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
The feature does not work when I am signed into Google. Has anyone else noticed this? (It works when you sign out). Tried other browsers & clearing the cashe etc . Not a major problem , just wondered why this is?
Posted 4/24/2012 4:42 AM

Advanced member

Thanks for the feedback.

I will make sure to investigate this and let you know what we find. If any other users experience this, be sure to post your reply here.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 5/1/2012 2:50 PM

mark1vm Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
have to say it is true when searching with google and logged out you search works ,when logged in search is not their ,also in internet explorer google search works but for bing the web search protection does not work 32/64 either one.and I have only bullguard installed and its the same with windows 8 ie 10 google search works for as long as not logged in and only in 32 bit mode for ie 10 when enhanced protection mode is on for 64 version bullguard safe search does not even work.

hope it helps for you to look into this matter

mark
Posted 5/26/2012 9:41 AM

RiK_ Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Any more more updates on this issue. Mine still only works when logged out?
Posted 5/26/2012 10:34 PM

iJonas Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
"Andreea-Luciana Ostache" wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

I will make sure to investigate this and let you know what we find. If any other users experience this, be sure to post your reply here.

I am not getting them on Google and other search engines as well.
I am use Chrome 19.0.1084.52, and I do get warnings when I try to visit sites Bullguard rated as bad.
Whitehat hacker/security enthusiast
Posted 5/27/2012 9:11 AM

Advanced member

Ok, so the problem is caused by the fact that we do not scan https links, since they are...well...secure. Once you login to Google, all the search results are displayed in a secured page (if you look at the address at the top, the link starts with https). That doesn't mean that the results are secure though, so we have a small issue.
We are working on solving this issue and see how it is best to get around the issue, but in the meantime if you want BullGuard to scan the links, please logout of google when you search for potentially unsafe sites.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 2:04 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.