Safe Browsing Question

Posted 9/22/2012 9:47 PM

Hamlet Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 18
Hi. I recently bought a one year license for BullGuard Internet Security and I have a question about the safe browsing function. I am not a big fan of have green check marks sprinkled around my web pages and am wondering if I am losing any security by turning off that feature. I know that I will not get the benefit of having BullGuard pre-screen the links on a page, but will I still be protected by another part of the product if I actually click on a link that would have been flagged as malicious by BullGuard?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Posted 9/23/2012 4:49 PM

Advanced member

You can disable the Safe Browsing feature if you really need to. You will still be protected by the on-access module and the behavioural protection. We recommend against it though.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 9/25/2012 7:42 PM

dallas7 Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 15
The check mark icons will appear only in google, bing, search.yahoo and Facebook pages if you have those items selected in Browsing Settings. This will stop just the "Show" part of Safe Browsing. I verified that with BullGuard's support@ as I was curious about it, too.

The settings should really read, "Show safe results on these search engine websites" which is why I referenced search.yahoo above. In this example, if you have Yahoo selected, the icons will appear only in search.yahoo and nowhere else dot yahoo.

The "show safe results" is just a convenient feature in this protection schema. As long as you have Safe Browsing selected, it is in full effect.

Cheers.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 3:16 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.