Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first

Posted 1/14/2013 4:09 PM

charter Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 26
I have recently had times where I cannot do anything in the Dashboard section as all the buttons were greyed out.
Also in the settings I could only make changes in the General section.

Bullguard also updated.

Tech support told me that the problem was with Windows and to do a complete clean re-install as some core files must be corrupt.

I thought afterwards about re-installing Bullguard first, so I did this to see if the problem would be resolved this way.

This actually worked. If tech support tells you to re-install Windows, try re-installing Bullguard first - It worked for me.

Seems like there must have been a corrupt Bullguard file.

Maybe it will work - maybe not, depending on the problem. But at least if you try re-installing Bullguard first it is a lot less hassle than re-installing the OS
Posted 1/15/2013 5:37 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hi Charter,

Please note that we do not recommend our users to reinstall their operating system unless it is seriously damaged.
Even in that case, a Startup Repair is to be performed before suggesting such a drastic measure.

I will kindly ask you to send me a private message with your BullGuard username. I will check your interactions with our Support Team and return to you.

Cheers!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, April 24, 2017, 1:35 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,194 posts in 13,463 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 2 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,020 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, gobertron.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.