Min

/

Sec

Solving a Bullguard problem - Try this first

Posted 1/14/2013 4:09 PM

charter Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 26
I have recently had times where I cannot do anything in the Dashboard section as all the buttons were greyed out.
Also in the settings I could only make changes in the General section.

Bullguard also updated.

Tech support told me that the problem was with Windows and to do a complete clean re-install as some core files must be corrupt.

I thought afterwards about re-installing Bullguard first, so I did this to see if the problem would be resolved this way.

This actually worked. If tech support tells you to re-install Windows, try re-installing Bullguard first - It worked for me.

Seems like there must have been a corrupt Bullguard file.

Maybe it will work - maybe not, depending on the problem. But at least if you try re-installing Bullguard first it is a lot less hassle than re-installing the OS
Posted 1/15/2013 5:37 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hi Charter,

Please note that we do not recommend our users to reinstall their operating system unless it is seriously damaged.
Even in that case, a Startup Repair is to be performed before suggesting such a drastic measure.

I will kindly ask you to send me a private message with your BullGuard username. I will check your interactions with our Support Team and return to you.

Cheers!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, December 4, 2016, 11:20 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.