BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard for Gamers and Advanced users > Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed Printable version of : Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed
[ << Previous Thread ]

Davepro

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/2/2014 6:21 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installedAlert an admin about: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed
Hi all.

I currently have Asheron's Call installed but whenever I launch the game I get as far as choosing a game world, but then my whole computer crashes, and I am forced to physically reboot.

I have checked my firewall settings and both acclient and AC Launcher (the applications Asheron's Call needs to run) are under "allow" status in the applications list, with Protocol set to "TCP+UDP" and Direction set to "In+Out".

Are there any modifications I can make so the game runs correctly?

After raising a help ticket with Turbine (the company behind Asheron's Call) it was suggested I configure my Bullguard settings so that the Asheron's Call launcher and client, as well as relevant URLs (*.turbine.com and *.asheronscall.com) are able to run as this might be causing the crashes.

I was able to get the game to run OK after uninstalling Bullguard temporarily.

I am currently using Bullguard version 14.1.281.8.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 335

Posted 8/4/2014 2:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installedAlert an admin about: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed
HI there,

In order to check which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue, here is what I recommend:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and open the application.
2. Click on the "Settings" option from the upper part of BullGuard's window.
3. From the left panel of the window, choose "General" (Advanced Mode) > "Advanced" > Main and disable the "Allow BullGuard to protect its components against termination" option.
4. Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
5. Open BullGuard > "Settings" and navigate to the "Antivirus" section from the left panel of the window and turn off the module by clicking on the button next to "Antivirus Protection".
6. Click on the back button from the upper left corner of BullGuard and check if the issue persists.
7. Go to the "Firewall" section and disable this BullGuard engine, then click on the back button.
8. Test if the problem is still there.
9. Go to the "Spamfilter" section and disable this BullGuard engine, as well.
10. Check if the problem persists.
11. Navigate to the "Vulnerabilities" section and turn off the module.
12. Check again if the issue persists.
13. Right-click the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and select "Exit".
14. Disable the entire application and check if the problem is still there.

Let me know which module is causing the problem

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Davepro

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/4/2014 8:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installedAlert an admin about: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed
Thank you for the reply.

I managed to get Asheron's call working without any problems (at least so far) by disabling the "Allow BullGuard to protect its components against termination" option, which was the first change suggested. After making this change I was able to answer to Bullguards prompts as to whether to run the "acclient" program or not. Once I had asked it to allow the acclient program to run, the game ran OK even with the "Allow BullGuard to protect its components against termination" turned back on.

So far so good!

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 335

Posted 8/5/2014 1:17 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installedAlert an admin about: Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed
Hi Davepro,

I am glad that the issue is now fixed.

I have escalated the bug to the Devel team, as it seems that the firewall prompt appears in the background when self protection is enabled.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed Printable version of : Asheron's Call crashing whenever Bullguard is installed

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:14 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,779 posts in 13,355 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 6 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36851 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, newfree.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
"Backup" did not complete due to error 102 (0)11/26/2014 11:29:09 PM (newfree)
Amazon infected download (0)11/26/2014 9:51:00 PM (J MAC)
New user having problems (2)11/26/2014 9:28:17 PM (Diski)
Is there a future for the Forum? (5)11/26/2014 8:52:03 PM (Dickens)
Cheap K i tchens UK (0)11/26/2014 4:18:09 PM (tongsampahooho)