BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
BIS 2013 vs windows store

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard for Gamers and Advanced users > BIS 2013 vs windows store  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : BIS 2013 vs windows store Printable version of : BIS 2013 vs windows store
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

survivor

Date Joined May 2013
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/29/2013 1:03 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
My OS is Windows 8 x64, I had to re-enable windows firewall to allow update and installation of progs from the windows store, why does BIS disable W8 firewall ? am I wrong in re-enabling it ?
I did not have this issue with NIS 2013.
thx

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 5/30/2013 1:17 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
Yes you are wrong in trying to use two firewalls at the same time. There are a lot of articles over the internet on this topic, for all security suites.

Disable one or the other.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

survivor

Date Joined May 2013

Posted 5/30/2013 8:11 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
I think you misread me: I must re-enable W8 firewall to get the windows store updating and/or installing apps ! let's put it an other way: why does this happen with BIS 2013 and never happened with NIS 2013 which self disabled W8 firewall and managed somehow to keep the windows store running smoothly ? This is disappointing and should be somehow corrected or worked around.

Post Edited (survivor) : 5/30/2013 5:12:48 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 6/4/2013 11:11 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
BullGuard is a program that is designed with consideration towards your operating system, your personal settings and your programs.
While it would be extremely easy for our programmers to just disable any other conflicting software we would find, that may not be consistent with your wishes.

The correct setup is for you to disable the Windows Firewall as long as you have BullGuard Internet Security installed.

The fact that you have an issue while trying to connect to the Windows Store can be investigated by our Support Team and solved, so you are not forced to enable the Windows Firewall. There is a big chance that NIS did not uninstall properly, or your internet settings are not correct, but we need to investigate for this.

You can find the e-mail for our Support Team in my signature and you can also contact us via Live Chat.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

survivor

Date Joined May 2013

Posted 6/5/2013 8:29 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
Thanks for your reply
BIS was installed on a "clean" formatted HDD...

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 6/5/2013 5:52 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
Even if the answer is not staring us in the face, I still recommend that you contact our Support and fix the issue.

Best regards,

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

survivor

Date Joined May 2013

Posted 6/5/2013 6:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: BIS 2013 vs windows storeAlert an admin about: BIS 2013 vs windows store
OK thank you

New Topic Post reply to : BIS 2013 vs windows store Printable version of : BIS 2013 vs windows store

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:56 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,683 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 19 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36548 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, nudey.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (19)10/23/2014 5:54:29 AM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)