BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard for Gamers and Advanced users > I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition Printable version of : I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

rer8

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/13/2010 5:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: I miss Dedicated Gamer EditionAlert an admin about: I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition
I have Bullguard 9.0. I previously had Bullguard's "Dedicated Gamers" edition. I was so pleased with it I purchased 2 years worth of Bullguard protection. I am not sure that I will renew in the future. In order to control updates and general firewall and spam activities I have found it necessary to manually update Bullguard and activate my game(s), to avoid interruptions. 9.0 has been a real disappointment to me. Yes it works. Electric lights work and so do candles. Candles offer little in versatility and are messy and require a great deal of attention. I have found 9.0 to be a candle, and the dedicated Gamers Edition to be a light bulb. 9.0 works, but it is messy!

RR

JM1

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 6/22/2010 4:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: I miss Dedicated Gamer EditionAlert an admin about: I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition
Hey
Do you not Like the Game Mode? the functionality is the same as Gamers Edition, the only difference is you get the full IS package thrown in?

So if you set version 9.0 to Game Mode, you have in effect got Gamers Edition :-)

rer8

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/22/2010 4:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: I miss Dedicated Gamer EditionAlert an admin about: I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition
Hello,
I believe you are largely correct. I have experienced several game "slow downs/stoppages" with the 9.0 program while gaming. These have generally occurred during Bullguard updates. An additional benefit of the 8.7 Gamers Edition was the changing of the color of the small Bullguard icon color (red to black) when the "automatic" game activation was implemented. I am presently able to achieve 8.7 performance by manually controlling the on/off function for the specific game.

The short answer to your question is yes & no. I do not believe I have the same control in 9.0 as I had in 8.7. I am still convinced that there is no other virus "protection system" published which is equal to Bullguard.

New Topic Post reply to : I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition Printable version of : I miss Dedicated Gamer Edition

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:59 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,696 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 25 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (28)10/24/2014 9:41:58 PM (Deb1957)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)