BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > BullGuard zone > BullGuard for Gamers and Advanced users > Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play Printable version of : Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Shadowsun

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 10

Posted 10/3/2011 2:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during playAlert an admin about: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play
for awhile now my starcraft 2 games have been stuttering,  in the past i kept linking it to bullguard scanning some files causing lagspikes (this was before i used gaming profiles)  adding a profile resolved it.

the problem....
when i launch starcraft 2, bullguard asks me enable the profile, i accept...
the game runs and im sitting on the main menu, i alt-tab out and see bullguard has the profile for StarCraft 2 in use.
i start a match,  during this match the game starts stuttering (lagspiking) at random.

when i alt-tab out again i see bullguard is not running the starcraft 2 profile anymore??

i've tried deleting and re-creating the profile 2 or 3 times,  but every time the profile seems to disable itself at some point.
i've tried to add the StarCraft 2 folder to the antivirus's "excluded maps" but this didnt seem to help the lagspikes.
i've tried to manually activate the profile, and it stays enabled.. but there are stil frequent lagspikes...  (removed the starcraft2 folder from "excluded maps"  before activating profile)

and finally, to be sure Bullguard was the actual villain...  i (temporarily) Uninstalled Bullguard and played a game,    no lagspikes.

a rather confusing post....
simply put,  im trying to figure out why bullguard doesnt keep the profile active.... if it would it would probably solve everything.

-Shas

Shadowsun

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 10

Posted 10/4/2011 11:38 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during playAlert an admin about: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play
i've discovered that the .exe for starcraft is not in the root SC2 folder. but in "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base19679" by checking taskmanager and checking the location of the SC2.exe process

so to anyone who has a similar issue with starcraft 2, make a gaming profile with the latest/highest "Base(versionnumber)" like the above path, wich is the actual .exe

-Shas

Post Edited (Shadowsun) : 04-10-2011 08:42:17 GMT

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 279

Posted 10/4/2011 11:47 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during playAlert an admin about: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play
Thanks for info, Shadowsun.

However, in order to avoid creating/modifying the Gaming profile whenever a new version of StarCtaft II is released, simply add to the exclusion list the C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\ folder.

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

maronno

Date Joined Jun 2013
Total Posts : 2

Posted 6/5/2013 12:13 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during playAlert an admin about: Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play
I usually disable bull during online gaming to avoid lag ... is it dangerous?

Free hosting

Post Edited (maronno) : 6/23/2013 6:23:30 PM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play Printable version of : Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:51 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,577 posts in 13,313 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36281 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, tedhorner14.
3 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
fifiacoinswimp
5 Latest Threads
Syswow64 (13)8/27/2014 7:55:11 AM (Geoffrey Rule)
Kitchens For Sale Chichester (0)8/27/2014 7:31:53 AM (terajana)
How to Transfer SMS from Android to Computer (8)8/26/2014 9:31:53 AM (PurSally)
Blocking of sites (0)8/25/2014 10:46:53 PM (Leto)
Best antivirus features under free licensing (2)8/25/2014 4:20:54 AM (pravintechno)