=
A GREAT DEAL
Buy Now  |  60% off

BullGuard Firewall Protection blocking some program

Posted 6/15/2017 7:16 PM

kamranwali Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
Total Posts: 2
Hello, I have been using Bullguard over a year now and had no issues also am using Windows 10(Updated meaning I keep my windows updated). But unfortunately since yesterday I am facing a problem. The Bullguard seems to block off some programs like Unity3D and Viber Desktop.

At first I thought it might be a virus so I did a Virus scan(Full Scan). After 2 hours of scan there were no virus so the issue must be something else. Then I thought maybe my Bullguard did not Update even though it has the setting "Check every 2 hours" but my Bullguard was upto date.

I pin pointed the issue to Bullguard Firewall Protection. These are the steps took to pin point it:

First I disabed the virus protection which did not fix the issue. Then I disable both the virus protection and firewall protection. Then those two programs started to work and the problem was gone. Then I disable the firewall protection only and those two program still worked which gave me the idea that the firewall protection is the cause of the problem. I checked the firewall setting in Bullguard for those two programs and they were set to allowed. I also checked the windows firewall and saw those two were allowed as well. So when ever I enable the Bullguard firewall protection the problem comes back. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

Kamran

Posted 6/15/2017 7:34 PM

kamranwali Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
Also I forgot to mention is that I ran the Windows in Safe mode(Network) and everything was working fine as it should.

Thank you,

Kamran
Posted 6/16/2017 5:05 PM

Andreea-Luciana Ostache Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 632
Hello Kamran,

Please contact support with your issue, so we can gather logs and escalate them. This should not happen, so it needs to be tested.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 6/17/2017 12:10 PM

denOuwe Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
I have the same problem in a similar context precisely at the same date.

Developping web servers 'localhost' based on nodejs with MongoDB access using NetBeans IDE on Windows 10 machine.

3 projects (localhost servers on different ports) in parallel, plus the MongoDB server on port 27017

On 16 june evening, all of a sudden ALL servers refuse to listen to their respective ports.

error message:

EACCES "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions."

After some search and trials, I see the following:

• Windows firewall settings have no detectable influence

• if Bullguard firewall is turned 'OFF' all errors disappear at once

• if Bullguard firewall is turned back ON, all errors come back.

If you need log files, please specify where I can find them.

Posted 6/21/2017 3:07 PM

Photofluid Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
Total Posts: 1
Similar issue, Unity could not open any project when BullGuard firewall is enabled. I have checked the settings and it should have Unity permitted.
Posted 6/28/2017 9:08 AM

denOuwe Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
As I heard from support, this error should be corrected in version 333.5 of Bullguard. (stupid) question : when will this version be available to the users ?
Posted 6/28/2017 11:49 AM

NorthPole Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 160
denOuwe, I'm running that version now, so it seems to have been released at least for UK English users.

EDIT - correction, I'm on Ver.17.1.334.3 when I check again!
Posted 8/16/2017 10:57 AM

kjl Member

Date Joined Jul 2017
Total Posts: 7
This is a rather disturbing issue with the new BG firewall working as a second rules manager.

I had the old firwewall working very well with mostly no issues. then BG pulls it.

Now we all have to teach an old "new dog the old tricks " all over again.

But waite we have two yes two firewalls to teach not just one.

If you are a gamer this can be a tall order if you have a large catalog of digital or 

even disk based games

Everything that was on the old firewall should have been carried over to this "new and inproved 

BG version.

I just had to crash STEAM buy force logging of win10 as BGFW blocked Just cause 2 internet unless I gave 

permssion.

What this did was hang the game in memory even after telling BGFW yes its ok and could not send my stats,

it froze.

I have been playing this game for sometime and never had an issue with the real BGFW.

The other major issues is windows firewall is not completely turned off with this configuration of both wfw and bgwf "working togther

too better protect us.

We need one firewall, make the bg one be the only user interface or the os one, but not two because they are confliticting with each other
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 3:03 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,346 posts in 13,491 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,076 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joefear.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.