Sec

Gamer's Edition with 3 licences, how?

Posted 11/22/2008 9:00 PM

naf Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
According to this post;

"Theis Sondergaard" wrote: Hi all,
Some of you have asked why the release-version comes with only 1-user license, as opposed to the 3-user license in the normal BullGuard. The answer is that we wanted to find a price for the product which suited the average gaming-audience, i.e. a price that is lower than our normal BullGuard Internet Security price.
Since Gamer’s Edition can be seen as “BullGuard Internet Security with something extra”, we needed to find a way to justify a lower price, and not upset our huge existing subscriber-base J We did this by lowering the user-license from 3 to 1, and by only bundling 1GB Backup-drive instead of 5GB.
It should be noted that you can actually upgrade your normal BullGuard Internet Security to a Gamer’s Edition through our webshop – if you do that, you keep your right to 3 users and 5GB backup-drive, but you also pay accordingly: Normal Internet Security price plus a premium. This way, we hope to keep you all happy J

I was wondering how I do that? All I seem to be able to is 'upgrade' to 1-licence. I dont care about the 5 GB really, but the licences are a deal breaker for me.

I really wanna use the Gamers Edition, as Ive been hearing good things about it, but its not worth sacrificing the comfort of having one account for all my computers.

Perhaps I should mention that its 'this time of the year' where Im renewing my account, after 2 great years of Bullguard (despite the Vista incident hehe) I just want the whole package and I dont mind paying abit exstra.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Kristian R.
Posted 11/24/2008 1:34 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Hello Kristian,

If you have already BullGuard Internet Security, all you need to do is to go here : https://www.bullguard.com/buymain/bullguard-gamers-edition.aspx, enter your BullGuard username and, voila, you will see that you can upgrade for only 5 Euros more or less.

You will benefit of all the BIS features : 3 PC license, 5000 Mb free Back-up + the Gamers Edition plugin. It's that simple. I know, the fact that on the website, it's written 1 user license, even after you enter your e-mail adress, is confusing. But, trust me, that's just a glitch :)
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 11/27/2008 8:35 AM

naf Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Super thanks alot, thats just perfect :smilewinkgrin:
Posted 1/22/2009 12:23 PM

Falmari Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi I have tried to upgrade as Alin Vlad posted. But all I seem to be able to do is purchase a full version of the Gamers edition for £39.99.

At present I have 498 days left on my anti virus subscription if I purchased the gamers edition for £39.99 what whould I get?

Would I have all the BIS features : 3 PC license, 5000 Mb free Back-up + the Gamers Edition plugin?

How long would my subscription be 498, 1 year or 498 + 1 year?
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 2, 2016, 11:27 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,157 posts in 13,447 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,966 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Don Tee.
There are currently no users on-line.