Starcraft 2 Profile disables during play

Posted 10/3/2011 11:44 AM

Shadowsun Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 10
for awhile now my starcraft 2 games have been stuttering, in the past i kept linking it to bullguard scanning some files causing lagspikes (this was before i used gaming profiles) adding a profile resolved it.

the problem....

when i launch starcraft 2, bullguard asks me enable the profile, i accept...

the game runs and im sitting on the main menu, i alt-tab out and see bullguard has the profile for StarCraft 2 in use.

i start a match, during this match the game starts stuttering (lagspiking) at random.

when i alt-tab out again i see bullguard is not running the starcraft 2 profile anymore??

i've tried deleting and re-creating the profile 2 or 3 times, but every time the profile seems to disable itself at some point.

i've tried to add the StarCraft 2 folder to the antivirus's "excluded maps" but this didnt seem to help the lagspikes.

i've tried to manually activate the profile, and it stays enabled.. but there are stil frequent lagspikes... (removed the starcraft2 folder from "excluded maps" before activating profile)

and finally, to be sure Bullguard was the actual villain... i (temporarily) Uninstalled Bullguard and played a game, no lagspikes.

a rather confusing post....

simply put, im trying to figure out why bullguard doesnt keep the profile active.... if it would it would probably solve everything.

-Shas
Posted 10/4/2011 8:38 AM

Shadowsun Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 10
i've discovered that the .exe for starcraft is not in the root SC2 folder. but in "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base19679" by checking taskmanager and checking the location of the SC2.exe process

so to anyone who has a similar issue with starcraft 2, make a gaming profile with the latest/highest "Base(versionnumber)" like the above path, wich is the actual .exe

-Shas
Posted 10/4/2011 8:47 AM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Thanks for info, Shadowsun.

However, in order to avoid creating/modifying the Gaming profile whenever a new version of StarCtaft II is released, simply add to the exclusion list the C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\ folder.
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
Posted 6/5/2013 9:13 AM

maronno Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I usually disable bull during online gaming to avoid lag ... is it dangerous?
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 1:35 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,967 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ConcepcionJAbbate.
There are currently no users on-line.