BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Post reply to : E-mail virus- hope to see you soon! Printable version of : E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

andyandkar

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/11/2009 5:44 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!Alert an admin about: E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!
Hi there,
My hotmail inbox has sent out a mail to everyone in my contacts list headed up "Hope to see you soon!" which leads me to believe I've been infected by some sort of virus. I've run a system scan which hasn't shown anything up. How do I find out if there is an infection? Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Andy

Tavi
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 170

Posted 1/20/2009 1:29 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!Alert an admin about: E-mail virus- hope to see you soon!
Hello Andy,

Please tell me if you tried to run a scan while in Safe mode, as it only loads the necessary processes and drivers. If you do not knwo how to do this, you can use these guides:

For Windows XP
For Windows Vista

Cheers,

Octavian Arvunescu
Senior Support Technician

Please read the forum rules before posting

www.bullguard.com