BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
55 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 1/27/2010 3:22 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Multiple iexplore.exe in task managerAlert an admin about: Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
That other account might not have file sharing enabled, so you are not seeing it's files. Only a pretty weak guess, but the right way of checking all of this is by rebooting to Safe Mode, and logging in there using the actual Administrator account. So if you have not done so yet be sure to enable that account.

For the next steps make sure you can View Hidden Files. Also uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

At startup tap the F8 key about once per half-second, then select Safe Mode from the menu. Then be sure to click the Administrator account to log in with. Once you have done that, check the user accounts in the Control Panel access.

Also right click My Computer, left click Explore so you can access the file system, and navigate to to the following folder, and check what all is there, as far as that user's type of files it has:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mcx1

Tofer

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 27

Posted 1/27/2010 4:48 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Multiple iexplore.exe in task managerAlert an admin about: Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
I checked that 'Mcx1' and its related to my Xbox 360 Media Centre Extender, I remember now so that's ok.

"logging in there using the actual Administrator account" I'm the Administrator. I dont know why that's showing a disabled admin account. there's no other admin account on this computer.

You think there should be?

I think my comp is pretty much cool now. Unless you think there's something suspicious about the disabled admin account?

I've tried to enable it but I cant. It's nowhere to be found.

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006

Posted 1/27/2010 7:29 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Multiple iexplore.exe in task managerAlert an admin about: Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
Long thread so not sure if we used it yet. But reboot to Safe Mode. What account logins show then, or does it go straight to the desktop (suggesting only one account)?

Tofer

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 27

Posted 1/27/2010 4:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Multiple iexplore.exe in task managerAlert an admin about: Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
Hello,

Rebooted in safe mode, it didn't go straight to desktop or show any other accounts at start up except from mines. I think I must've some how disabled the account in question and then made my account and named myself administrator or something? :s

there's a password on my account too.  if the pass was off then it would go straight to the desktop anyway suggesting only one account?

Post Edited (Tofer) : 27-01-2010 13:24:23 GMT

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006

Posted 1/28/2010 3:57 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Multiple iexplore.exe in task managerAlert an admin about: Multiple iexplore.exe in task manager
Just not sure Tofer. We have checked enough to know there are no accounts not accounted for, so the point is not too important. But in Safe Mode check the User Accounts display,and make sure it does not show an Administrator, and your admin level account. If the Administrator account is disabled that may be why it did not appear as a login option.