BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

on a mission

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/22/2010 7:09 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virusAlert an admin about: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
I've had a horrible experience with Norton 360 trying to get rid of this "internet 2010" virus. They want to charge me eventhough I have had their so called "protection" for 2 years now. They obviously blew it and let this adware/virus infect their customers computers..now they want to charge to get rid of it...can you say "SCAM?"

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12978

Posted 1/22/2010 8:01 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virusAlert an admin about: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
Hello

now they want to charge to get rid of it...can you say "SCAM?"
I prefer CRAP tongue

Please follow this guide:

Follow the instructions and copy the logs here,
in this Topic.

Please read:  Forum Rules

portia

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/22/2010 9:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virusAlert an admin about: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
Hopefully, you did not "buy" the internet security package they are trying to sell you with this rogue malware virus. If so, contact your credit card company and get a charge back because it is totally bogus. In fact, I read one article that said the credit card companies are making an inquiry into this virus because they have been having to give so many charge backs due to same.

From what I understand after having wrestled with this monster for 4 days, none of the so-called major antivirus programs have a fix for Internet Security 2010. Also, what I can't understand is if there is a rogue company taking your money since Xmas eve I think is when I heard the virus started, why can't the big shots immediately figure out the source of this malware & shut these a--holes down immediately and make them pay to fix all computers that were infected?

Anyway, I think I have Internet Security 2010 at least quarantined or zipped in on my other computer (I am working on my uninfected computer right now) until I get rid of some of the many programs it installs on your computer. It took away all the pop ups and the message on my screen that says my computer is infected, and is totally operable. Tomorrow, I will try to delete all files, etc that are associated with IS2010.... Here is what I did:

downloaded the rkill program to my desktop and ran it.
You may have to run it several times. Disregard any messages saying it doesn't work. Keep doing it.

Then download Malwarebytes antimalware to your desktop and run it.

There are several websites that will walk you through completely with all the details of how to run rkill and malwarebytes antimalware. google "how to uninstall Internet Security 2010 virus". Just make sure the two programs to run are rkill and malwarebytes antimalware. I tried so many other programs and they didn't work.

Hope this helps... Good luck. Portia

Post Edited (portia) : 22-01-2010 06:21:55 GMT

portia

Date Joined Jan 2010

Posted 1/22/2010 9:11 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virusAlert an admin about: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
Hey this is from Portia again re IS2010 virus message I just sent. rkill and malwarebytes antimalware are totally free! Go figure. I just knew after I downloaded each that there would be a fee involved, but not...........Also, if your computer will not download rkill or malwarebytes, because this IS2010 will sometimes stop a lot of downloads that could kill it including our "beloved"  "expensive" antivirus programs, you will have to download programs from another uninfected computer and then run it on your own computer.  Let me know if it helped you.  I am new to the world of rogues that are such software pirates that they seem to be smarter than our antivirus engineers, sadly.

Post Edited (portia) : 22-01-2010 06:20:33 GMT

portia

Date Joined Jan 2010

Posted 1/22/2010 9:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virusAlert an admin about: Norton 360 protection no help with the "internet 2010" adware/virus
I guess I'm on a roll. I did a lot of googling about this IS2010 virus, and indirectly came up with a lot of miscellaneous information. It was the first time I was badly hit because I have always kept my computers completely protected. So, I did a lot of research. I don't know if this is true or not, may be just bs, but I got a lot of information telling me that the major anti-virus programs are more vulnerable than many of the lesser knowns.

I don't know if this is true or not because you know how the web lies, but I was wondering if anybody else had any input on this? Thanks.