BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Please Help, virus???

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Please Help, virus???  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Post reply to : Please Help, virus??? Printable version of : Please Help, virus???
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

mcricken

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 2/6/2009 11:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help, virus???Alert an admin about: Please Help, virus???
I had Norton Antivirus and it told me i had a Trojan Brit virus or something like that, which i tried to manually remove but it wouldnt work!!! This was last week and my antivirus needed to be renewed so i chose Bullguard.  I ran a scan on my laptop and it only showed up a tracking cookie so i removed it and ran another scan which has shown up nothing.  Im wondering does Bullguard show up the Trojan viruses or if its hiding and if i still have it, im confused, please someone help me!

Post Edited (mcricken) : 06-02-2009 20:11:04 GMT

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12981

Posted 2/7/2009 9:18 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Please Help, virus???Alert an admin about: Please Help, virus???
Hello mcricken smile

It could be a False Posive Norton Antivirus found.

If you want Me to check ->

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Please connect all your external hard drive/flash drive before running malwarebyte, if you have any

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.

Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.

NB: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Do NOT post your problem in someone elses thread.
A non-profit, volunteer network.