BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Post reply to : Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware? Printable version of : Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?
[ ]

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 3/31/2012 3:22 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?Alert an admin about: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?
Hello everyone,

I have decided to write an article about toolbars.

Ask, MyWebSearch, Smiley Central, SearchQU, Bearshare, Media Toolbar, Conduit, Crawler.com, are just some of the toolbars that I personally found on infected computers.
Unfortunately, I can not accuse them of anything, because the code they implement within your browser is not an infection!

However, most of these also change your search engine, when they install. These search engines do not always display the most valid of sites and users have complained of being redirected (I never heard of phishing attempts so far, but I wouldn't be surprised).

Whenever something just shows up on your computer (without you running the installer for it) you should uninstall it right away and run a scan with your antivirus/antispyware/antimalware.

Also, always search for user reviews about the programs you install on your computer. People will always have both negative and positive experiences with a certain product, but if you see a lot of user complaints you should at least be aware.

Here is a guide that you can follow to remove any toolbars, add-ons, extensions, from your browser and computer:
www.bullguard.com/support/tech-guides/how-to-remove-browser-toolbars.aspx

And this is how you can reset the internet options (these govern the way your browsers connect to the internet):
support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 3/19/2013 9:13:11 PM GMT

techadam

Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 6

Posted 5/14/2013 10:57 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?Alert an admin about: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?
I really bookmark the shared information because it is very awesome information about toolbars

Joan Brown

Date Joined Jan 2014
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/14/2014 1:23 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?Alert an admin about: Toolbars. Adware/Spyware/Malware?
Toolbars are terrible that can get installed automatically on the affected computer. Once installed, it can mess up your computer severely through modifying your system settings and deleting vital files at random. This post is useful which can help users to solve the issues.