BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

KiiroiZen

Date Joined Jun 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/28/2005 8:19 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
Hi all,

just yesterday my AVG 7 Free Antivirus warned me about having Downloader.Generic.AMM trojan horse.
I haven't found any information about this virus through google, thus I think it is something new.

It creates files
C:/all.exe
and also all[1].exe in the IE temporary internet files folder.

It cannot be healed, however, all[1].exe can be deleted by AVG, and all.exe can be deleted manually (AVG cannot delete it).

Nevertheless, even I deleted it during being disconnected from internet, then run AVG again, Spybot and also Ad-aware, after reconnection to the internet the AVG resident shield detected the same files (and virus) again in a few minutes!

Probably the reason and source must be hidden somewhere, I do not know.
Could it be caused by using Internet Explorer? Would it help if I use only FireFox?

Please help... confused

Thanks

KiiroiZen

[maybe I could post also the hijackthis.de log file, but may I also in this thread?]

Post Edited (KiiroiZen) : 7/28/2005 5:43:06 AM GMT

khaiptah

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/6/2005 12:14 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
I had the same virus.  AVG would ot get rid of it. 

In the end i deleted any files I had downloaded recently and did a system restore to 5 days previously.  So far so good it seems to be gone.
hope this helps

Mike

KiiroiZen

Date Joined Jun 2005

Posted 8/8/2005 9:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
Thanks knaiptah,

I've solved it in a different way - I installed www.ewido.net software and found that I had three additional trojan horses in Java folder which were not found by Ad-aware nor Spybot S&D.

One of them was doing nothing else as continously decreasing my internet security settings and probably downloading also the other trojans.

Thus, I removed these additional trojans and set the internet security setting to high level, and it is now OK!
No new trojans appear!

The conclusion is - try www.ewido.net antispyware soft, it seems to be really good!
(and except the real time protection and some other features it is free).

Regards

KiiroiZen

laney666

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/16/2005 8:26 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
heeeya ppl ! my AVG free edition anti-virus  found this trojan horse downloader.generic viruse ...skull what the hell is it ? freakedhow can i get rid of it ? please help !  bi bi x x xluv laney666

redking

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/22/2005 1:32 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
cool
Hi, I looked all over for a solution before I found the lead on this site. Thanks!

PROBLEM:
I have been getting virus-warnings for about two weeks with the DOWNLOAD.GENERIC.TROJAN.AJW (or was it AWJ? - not certain of the full name as I deleted all files after the problem was solved). Anyway, AVG anti-virus kept finding the viruses everyday and I deleted them, but the next day they were back.

I tried SpyBot, SpyBlaster, CounterSpy, AdAware, ZoneAlarm, AVG and still I got this trojan alert from AVG everyday after everything else turned up clean.

SOLUTION:
Downloaded EWIDO ( http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ ) - full version free for 14 days - minimal version free after that. It took 2 hours to scan the whole computer (300 Mb of data) but FOUND 111 MALWARE files that all those other programs missed!

FIREFOX WARNING:
Many of these malware files were in the firefox program folder - including infection of weather.exe (the browser weather update plug-in). Others were found in YAHOO MESSENGER folder. A few others were found elsewhere. Why is there almost nothing on this trojan on Google? Perhaps it is so new. It must be very sneaky as it was very hard to catch and all those other programs missed it.

Now I love EWIDO!
(See attached 2 screenshots of EWIDO's findings)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2-Infected Object Found - 111 OF THEM.jpg
  31KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 1988 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2-Infected Object Found - 111 OF THEM.jpg
  31KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 941 time(s).

redking

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/22/2005 1:40 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
RE: my above post. The correct name of the trojan should be "Downloader.Generic.AJW" (or AWJ). That's as close as I remember it.

See two more attached screenshots of EWIDO findings on this trojan.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
4-Infected Object Found - TrojanDownloader.Centim.ch.jpg
  26KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 1412 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
3-Infected Object Found - Slyware Cookie.jpg
  26KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 757 time(s).

Death12

Date Joined Oct 2006

Posted 10/3/2006 12:47 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
i seem to have some sort of downloader virus (generic 2) and AVG will heal it, but it just comes back. i think i got a worm on MSN messinger that is downlonding it, but im not sure i am also gettin adware repeatedly downloaded on to my computer. Also when im on MSN messiger a link is sent out to every one onle which is a link to download a virus of some sort, it could be the worm or possibly the Generic 2...
could u give me a hand in telling me what to do, cos i've tryed more or less everything i know how to do. also i can find very little information on this generic 2...
Thanks,
Death12

Venomous

Date Joined Apr 2010

Posted 4/3/2010 4:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
My AVG ALERTED ME of trojan horse downloader.Generic_c.ACM when i was on this particular website. It happend every single time I went there, As far as I know AVG (full version) did block it.But now that I read all the posts here IM WOndering DID IT REALLY BLOCK IT?? So i guess i should download that ewido stuff to be sure... UGHHH and that caus of a stupid FRAUD site...

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 4/4/2010 3:54 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMMAlert an admin about: Trojan horse: Downloader.Generic.AMM
Hello Venomous and welcome.

You know it´s an 5 year old topic you´ve found here, and Ewido don´t  exist anymore ;-)

I´ll therefore suggest you ->

Follow this guide:

Follow the instructions and copy the logs here,
in this Topic.

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log