BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Post reply to : Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG Printable version of : Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

josinechile

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/20/2004 12:57 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IGAlert an admin about: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG
Hello!!

I was wondering if somebody could tell me more about a trojan horse called Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG ...i just did a virus scan with bullguard and found this. I´m just wondering if it is a serious threat.

Thank you :p

old_fart

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 35

Posted 7/20/2004 10:14 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IGAlert an admin about: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG
Could not find any information on it other than several trojan removers have it listed in the list. Can't be good, if BullGuard can't take it out, try runing AVG by Grisoft. That will get rid of it. If it can't repair it, it will delete it. Nice thing is that it won't delete a file it sees as critical. At least by box hasn't crashed yet.

Mystikal Dreamer

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 17

Posted 7/22/2004 3:38 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IGAlert an admin about: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG
Hmm...I've heard of that virus before. Luckily, it dosnt do much damage...(i think)from my own experience on viruses, any strain of a Trojan.Dropper is basiclly like duplicating files not needed. Okay here are some instructions that i THINK will help. 1. Turn OFF system restore. 2. Reboot your computer in safe mode. 3. If you have a virus-scan log, it should show you were the files that are infected are located. So, click on run, and click browse and go to the destination of the infected file, and delete it. 4. Go onto regedit (start, run, regedit) and delete the registry keys associated with the trojan. 5. Run a full system scan with your AV Software and if there is no more of the virus indicated on your system, your good to go :) By the way, Bullgaurd *SUCKS* it cant even take out a simple thing called bonzi buddy. Dont expect it to take out a trojan or a virus anytime soon :P

Hope this helps,
Kyra

Post Edited (Mystikal Dreamer) : 7/22/2004 1:42:57 AM GMT

Andrei M

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 570

Posted 10/22/2007 2:17 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IGAlert an admin about: Trojan.Dropper.Small.IG
Hello,

If a virus could not be removed at first by BullGuard, my recommendation is that you contact the Support Team and see if there is a fix for that specific infection. If not, you will receive alternative removal instructions.

Regards,

Andrei M
Microsoft Certified Professional
BullGuard | support[at]bullguard[dot]com

---------
If more than 24hrs have passed since my last reply on your thread, send me a private message to remind me.
---------