BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Topolino

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 9

Posted 3/21/2010 7:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?Alert an admin about: Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?
Many of you will have seen the threads the trojan.fakealert.5 malware problem which was caused by a corrupt update sent by bullguard and bitdefender. This caused huge problems in my system, meaning I had to reboot - was not easy. Once back in the problem was resolved by turning off bullguard and updating the software and moving back all the quarantined files. However, this has left many glitches in my system, including with the software for my sound card, scanner and windows (i.e. updates no longer work) - who knows what else is wrong.

So I try and get Bullguard to help. Their response is thus. They know they caused the problem, they are "very sorry". But here is the kicker - their technical people refuse to try and help people fix the errors left in their system (they admit the errors were caused by their tojan.fakealert.5 issue). In addition the only thing bullguard are offering customers is 6 months free subscription to Bullguard. The program which caused all the problems in the first place. I requested that they send an engineer to fix my computer and they refused. I think as a community people who were affected (i.e. bitdefender and bullguard users) get together and demand a more reasoned response from bullguard/bitdefender - at least assistance from their technical people - then we may get somewhere. If anybody can help rectify the glitches in my system please shout. If somone from bullguard wants to actually help their customers step up.

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 3/21/2010 8:25 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?Alert an admin about: Trojan.fakealert.5 - bullguard's response?
Please post all the Trojan.fakealert.5 related inquiries on this thread: forum.bullguard.com/forum/15/TrojanFakeAlert5-Update-issue_84115.html

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com