BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

humdinger_v

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 5

Posted 12/26/2009 8:18 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count downAlert an admin about: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down
I got my flash drive infected by a virus.. the folders became .exe. Norton tried to clean this and then I used my laptop. All of a sudden a weird window or application is showing that is always on top. It contains weird language and all I can understand is "Download Master". There is a countdown timer that starts at 2:59:59 in red font. The window/application is always on top and all applications i run are always behind it. Norton is open but closes so I assume it's disabled. Task manager is also disabled. My screen was also resized. Norton quick scan always runs and I was able to see a Trojan Horse - Userini.exe. That's it no more details.

Please help on what is this virus and how can i get rid of it without reformatting my hard disk. Is this a trojan horse and why didn't Norton detect this? :( My virus definition file is updated as of Dec 22, 2009. :(

Pleae help asap. Thanks!

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 1/1/2010 8:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count downAlert an admin about: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down
Other than a welcome to BG forums humdinger_v, please do not post in all the other request threads here.

Let's get some information and see what we need to do on your system.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 1/1/2010 8:20 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count downAlert an admin about: Want to know the virus in my laptop. Application window (always on top) 3 hour count down
Forgot - be sure any flash drives that are potentially infected are inserted in the computer before running those scans, then plan to leave them installed until I give the okay.