BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
"Small-frag" attack

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus information > Alerts & New Threats > "Small-frag" attack  
Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. Locked Topic Printable version of : "Small-frag" attack
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Edwardius

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/6/2010 3:47 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: "Small-frag" attackAlert an admin about: "Small-frag" attack
Hi all,
The OH is receiving alerts of "small-frag" attacks from Bullguard on her laptop. The attacker IPs seem to be from different locations, for example: http://en.utrace.de/ip-address/83.193.166.161 in France and some from Poland etc. Does anyone know what the nature of these attacks are? I don't seem to be getting them on my laptop and we're using the same settings etc. I can upload a log later if necessary.
Cheers.

Bwood

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/10/2010 2:03 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: "Small-frag" attackAlert an admin about: "Small-frag" attack
I got several of those alerts myself today. Not form the exact same IP address but one very close that traced back to the same places. Only thing I've been able to find on the net is that when you download stuff form the net it's sent in fragments, and that a small fragment error means some of the information it was expecting in the fragments was missing, therefor they were smaller than expected. How a person can cause such an issue I have no idea. Nor do I have any idea how it actually effects those of us receiving the attacks.

Edwardius

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/17/2010 11:25 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: "Small-frag" attackAlert an admin about: "Small-frag" attack
Thanks for the reply Bwood!

d9driver

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 2/21/2010 8:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: "Small-frag" attackAlert an admin about: "Small-frag" attack
I have also had quite a few port scans from "small frag" with lots of diff' IP address' in diff countries but this only occurs when using "Vuze"....they seem to be coming from IP providers...including Virgin Media.......but not to worry Bullguard stops em dead..........