BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Choose program to open C:

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Tools > Choose program to open C:  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Choose program to open C: Printable version of : Choose program to open C:
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

mabhari

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/30/2009 2:37 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Choose program to open C:Alert an admin about: Choose program to open C:
Hi guys
This is my first time using such a forum, in fact this is the first time using a forum at all. I would like to start running a virus clinic in my community. Just realized that if I have problems with viruses there must be a lot of people with similar problems or worse in my community. So apart from having a good antivirus software, I have done a bit of research and found that I would need more than just a that, what else would I need? I'm also open to suggestions as to what else I could do to make my the service in intend to offer better.
To start with I have problem of my own too, whenever I try to access my local disk C: I keep getting a prompt to choose a program to open the file with, such as the one you get when trying to open a file associated with a program that is not installed on your computer.

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 11/1/2009 3:35 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Choose program to open C:Alert an admin about: Choose program to open C:
Welcome to BG forums mabhari,

As there are plenty of free online malware removal help forums, such as this one, we would normally just recommend all people be referred to one of these for repairs. All of us who assist in these forums have gone through extensive training, and most, like Touch and myself, also have done many thousands of successful repair assists as well.

As for your C folder issue, sounds like an older type of autorun malware has made changes there. Let's take a look.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

Click here and help my friend help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

New Topic Post reply to : Choose program to open C: Printable version of : Choose program to open C:

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, November 24, 2014 7:01 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,771 posts in 13,351 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36821 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, zdrmnvwu.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchens Fitted (0)11/24/2014 2:52:32 AM (saipuljamal22)
Jual Kitchen Set Murah (0)11/24/2014 1:47:00 AM (zdrmnvwu)
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)