BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
PC MightyMax removal

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Tools > PC MightyMax removal  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : PC MightyMax removal
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

lubeguy

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/25/2005 6:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I have PC MightyMax on my computer and want to remove it. It was downloaded from internet. How can I remove it. My PC is windows using MS XP.

Andrei M

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 570

Posted 1/26/2005 8:44 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Hello lubeguy,

does the start>control panel>add/remove programs list allow you to uninstall PCMightyMax?

"the doer alone learneth"
/friedrich nietzsche.

giusep111

Date Joined Feb 2005

Posted 2/9/2005 4:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I also am having trouble removing the PC MightyMax.  The
start>control panel>add/remove programs list does not allow you to uninstall PCMightyMax.
It simply does not give you that option.

It also appears to prevent you from restoring your computer to an earlier point once it is installed on windows xp.

I am thinking there may be a DOS code and procedure which could be followed to get rid of PC MightyMax.  Any ideas??

WhatsUp

Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/19/2005 11:10 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
In the start>control panel>add/remove programs, PC MightyMax has a "Change" option.

Select that. it runs the PC MightyMax installer, but then presents you with an option to uninstall.

Worked for me.

yastreb

Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 11/12/2005 4:50 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I too did not find any reference to PC MightyMax on the add/remove programs list.  However, I was able to remove the app from my PC by deleting all references to PCMM.exe in the registry and then deleting the PC MightMax folder in c:\program files. 

augusta

Date Joined Jan 2006

Posted 1/9/2006 3:42 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I too have problems with unistalling PC mightymax.  I did go to the program files and uninstalled it that way.  But, now when I use "run" and "ipconfig", I get a dark dos box for about 1 second and it kicks me out.  I can not "run" anything.  Help. 

pc mighty max must die!!!! rah

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/4/2006 8:52 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal

see my answer on that 1. it might work :)

From the antimax!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
mighty maxy.jpg
  30KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 2077 time(s).

TONYALPY

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 9/24/2006 11:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
hop I am facing lots of problem because of " PC MightyMax " . It is not allowing any upgrading / installation etc.
I tried to remove in many way . control panel > add/remove ( not coming as remove only as change ). Pls. need your help or advice . I Hope you help me in this case.

W/regards > tonyalpy

Max hate

Date Joined Dec 2006

Posted 12/29/2006 7:08 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I have installled PC Mighty Max 9 and I can't install the program and I am having lots of problems with my PC. I deleted all files and folders for Mighty Max but I can't unistall it from the add remove section.
Can anyone please help me to uninstall it.

Kerstinmad

profman2

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/6/2007 4:54 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
It appears this has taken a new turn, or perhaps new interaction with IE 7.   I did not get a remove in add/remove programs however there was an uninstall option off the programs/Mightymax menu.  I ran it, appeared to use uninstaller but literally hosed many items on my computer.  As mentioned, no system restore point will work, it hammered all my activeX control and yet will not let me redownload and install activeX again.  Norton Systemworks is completely corrupted, every module.... and it will not let Microsoft site validate my software at all for any attempt to redownload software.  All also wiped several of the HP printer processes.    Other than 3 weeks ago, downloading IE7 at last, this computer has been static and nothing but PC MightyMax installed.   When I didn't want to pay and used that uninstaller, immediately upon reboot all these issues appeared.   There is no PCMM.EXE service running.  I did manually eliminate all MightyMax and PCMM entrys with regedit.  Also deleted the program files PCMightyMax folder...  IE will work for the most part and allow web access but appears any directX reference causes major issues and pages won't be displayed.   Tried to do an XP repair but I've either forgotten the O/S admin password (anyone know a decent freebie password cracker?) or this thing has altered or blocked the password.   4 computers in house, always have used same password, but it will not work on XP recovery mode now.   I can't vouch definitely that PC MightyMax did password issue... but simply always use the same one.

Any thoughts appreciated!

profman2

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/6/2007 5:13 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
My apologies for above... meant DirectX is completely screwed up and can't be re-downloaded and any activeX reference causes no page viewings in IE

Cstrikedish

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 36

Posted 1/9/2007 11:34 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Hi,
Sorry for late reply.
To remove it is too simple, I deleted it using Acronis Privacy Expert. For further information, read bout the user guide of qweas.com
Try it!
Good luck!nono

Go! go! go! Fire in the forum!
Find the best and cheapest software to use, and collect them to my blog

Post Edited (Cstrikedish) : 13-06-2007 03:57:37 GMT

mcurrier1

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/19/2007 5:51 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
HOW I REMOVED “PC-MIGHTYMAX”

This can be potentially damaging if you aren’t careful about following the directions.

Explained in simple terms for the newbies

I am assuming that the reader knows the location of their PC MightyMax

(Probably: C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax )

When you install PC-MightyMax, it starts automatically every time you start your computer.

Because it is running as soon as you start your computer, it will be difficult to remove.

It will NOT be found in the Control Panel\Add

When you go to C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax ( or wherever it is located on your computer )

and try to delete it, you may get a message to the affect, “cannot remove, program is in use”

First you may want to remove the program from your Startup Menu.

1) Left-click on the “START” button to bring up the main menu.

2) Left-click on “RUN” in the right-hand column of the main menu.

This will bring up a window labeled “RUN”

3) In the “RUN” window, type “MSCONFIG” (without the quotations)

4) Left-click the “OK” button.

This will open the “System Configuration Utility” window.

5) Left-click the “STARTUP” tab.

This will show you a list of everything in your startup menu.

6) Scroll down until you find “PCMM.EXE”

7) Uncheck the box that is to the left of the name.

8)Left-click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.

A small window labeled “System Configuration” should appear, with two buttons;

“Restart” and “Exit Without Restart”

9) Left-click the “Restart” button .

Your computer will restart with another “System Configuration Utility” window appearing when you go to your desktop screen, telling you that you have used the System Configuration Utility to change the way Windows starts.

Yes, you did in fact make a change. PC MightyMax is NOT running at this point.

10) Left-click “OK”

The main “System Configuration Utility” window may appear.

11) Left-click “CANCEL”

Now, with PC MightyMax not running, it should easily be removed

12) RIGHT-click the “Start” button

13) LEFT-click “Explore”

14) LEFT-click “Program Files”

You may get the message “These Files Are Hidden”

15) Left-click on the phrase “Show the contents of this Folder”

This will show you a list of many or most of the major programs on your computer.

16) Using the scroll bar in the right-hand panel, scroll down until you see “PC MightyMax”

17) RIGHT-click on the folder labeled “PC MightyMax “ and then LEFT-click the word “Delete”

Post Edited (Andrei M) : 25-07-2007 23:36:58 GMT

Engpal

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/7/2007 3:30 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I tried this answer and I found this uninstalled this pest from my computer

Enpal

In the start>control panel>add/remove programs, PC MightyMax has a "Change" option.

Select that. it runs the PC MightyMax installer, but then presents you with an option to uninstall.

Worked for me.

sai subramanian

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/13/2007 7:42 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
hi folks, i too had difficulty of removing pc mighty max and contemplating reformatting hard disk for this purpose.  then i saw this forum and followed the steps provided by member mcurrier1 on 02/19/07.  hoooray!!! i was successful in removing the program.  thanks mcurrier.

Jabaroo

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/15/2007 4:32 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I too would like to thank mcurrier1, I used his advice - I hope that I got to "pc mighty max" before it did too much damage. I have done 'spybot' 'adaware' and 'norton FULL scan.
profman2 really put the wind up me telling all the damage this program is capable of doing.
This is my first posting on this forum.
Thanks again to the above authors.
Ken

computer moron

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 7/13/2007 6:54 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
  MCURRIER1. As a 73 year old computer moron, I tried your solution, got down to no:14 on the list OK, then couldnt see "Program Files" what now ? Shallotman

dstone1830

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 7/20/2007 4:13 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Bless you, MCURRIER1!!!  I used your instructions, and got rid of that pest!  I'm saving the instructions, to use if I get another of those "unremoveable" items.

Cstrikedish

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 36

Posted 7/23/2007 9:08 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Download Free Uninstaller to uninstall applications easily. It is free! lol

Go! go! go! Fire in the forum!
Find the best multimedia tools, mobile phone manager, flash swf file software and other great programs that I used in my blog

dub

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 7/29/2007 8:19 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
One of the members posted a link for for info - I used the info and it worked!! follow the directions; restart - then remove temp internet files and cookies then go to programs and remove the bait and switch program - yes I call it that -
Go to run, enter msconfig -click on startup - uncheck PCMM2007, restart, then deletete the temp fiules and cookies, then delete PCMM from programs - delete from recycle bin - restart - you will get a pop-up about the startup - follow its directions - [hmmm I think I got it all there]..
In fact I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission as a "bait and switch" program - what Might Max is doing by not allowing an uninstall is totally illegal...

mstevens

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/11/2007 11:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
mcurrier1, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

PC MightyMax Sucks!

alljack51

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/16/2007 4:45 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I'm STILL stuck with the pcmightymax alert and intro menu. I tried to remove it via Contol Panel and I even downloaded Cookie Spook to no avail. Are there any more tricks that I can use? Can I report this company to a regulatory agency? You simply can't contact them to lodge a complaint by phone or e-mail. This program randomly scans and slows my computer up to four times a dayi n a span of approx. five hours! HELP please and thanks for hosting this forum.
Jacqueline Caver

alljack51

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/19/2007 12:35 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
A PUBLIC THANK YOU AND APPRECIATIVE SHOUT OUT... TO MEMBER Mcurrier1... FOR POSTING THE CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS TO RID OUR COMPUTERS FROM THE DEMON PROGRAM 'pc mighty max'. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER YOU DO-GOODER
jACQUELINE

Printman

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/4/2007 12:37 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I too downloaded PC Mighty Max. I first went to the program on the desktop and went to uninstall. It acted like it uninstalled it, But it was still on my startup toolbar. I had to reinstall PC Mighty Max and then I went to control panel, add/remove programs and removed it then. That worked for me.

kevza

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/26/2007 3:27 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
This worked for me! dont have any problems with pc max now! smilewinkgrin
mcurrier1 said...
HOW I REMOVED “PC-MIGHTYMAX”

This can be potentially damaging if you aren’t careful about following the directions.

Explained in simple terms for the newbies

I am assuming that the reader knows the location of their PC MightyMax

(Probably: C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax )

When you install PC-MightyMax, it starts automatically every time you start your computer.

Because it is running as soon as you start your computer, it will be difficult to remove.

It will NOT be found in the Control Panel\Add

When you go to C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax ( or wherever it is located on your computer )

and try to delete it, you may get a message to the affect, “cannot remove, program is in use”

First you may want to remove the program from your Startup Menu.

1) Left-click on the “START” button to bring up the main menu.

2) Left-click on “RUN” in the right-hand column of the main menu.

This will bring up a window labeled “RUN”

3) In the “RUN” window, type “MSCONFIG” (without the quotations)

4) Left-click the “OK” button.

This will open the “System Configuration Utility” window.

5) Left-click the “STARTUP” tab.

This will show you a list of everything in your startup menu.

6) Scroll down until you find “PCMM.EXE”

7) Uncheck the box that is to the left of the name.

8)Left-click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.

A small window labeled “System Configuration” should appear, with two buttons;

“Restart” and “Exit Without Restart”

9) Left-click the “Restart” button .

Your computer will restart with another “System Configuration Utility” window appearing when you go to your desktop screen, telling you that you have used the System Configuration Utility to change the way Windows starts.

Yes, you did in fact make a change. PC MightyMax is NOT running at this point.

10) Left-click “OK”

The main “System Configuration Utility” window may appear.

11) Left-click “CANCEL”

Now, with PC MightyMax not running, it should easily be removed

12) RIGHT-click the “Start” button

13) LEFT-click “Explore”

14) LEFT-click “Program Files”

You may get the message “These Files Are Hidden”

15) Left-click on the phrase “Show the contents of this Folder”

This will show you a list of many or most of the major programs on your computer.

16) Using the scroll bar in the right-hand panel, scroll down until you see “PC MightyMax”

17) RIGHT-click on the folder labeled “PC MightyMax “ and then LEFT-click the word “Delete”

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : PC MightyMax removal
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, December 22, 2014 4:10 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,824 posts in 13,361 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36999 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, landskrona66.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchens Stoke On Trent (0)12/22/2014 1:33:41 PM (dapurcakep)
Firewall causing high CPU usage (6)12/22/2014 1:17:53 PM (landskrona66)