BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
PC MightyMax removal

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Tools > PC MightyMax removal  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : PC MightyMax removal
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Rhythmjohn

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/28/2007 10:23 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
skull ARRGH!  I went to "RUN", typed in MSCONFIG"' and i get an error message saying the MSCONFIG can't be opened as a component can't be found! Now what do I do????  HELP!

Rhythmjohn

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/28/2007 10:26 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
ARRGH! I went to "RUN", typed in MSCONFIG"' and i get an error message saying the MSCONFIG can't be opened as a component can't be found! Now what do I do???? HELP!

rm2007

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/4/2007 12:44 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I also had the excruciatingly unbearable pcmighty max experience...I tried mcurrier1's method , but could not get MSCONFIG in the run window to function..Somewhere on this site a member offered a SIMPLE , EASY solution..After trying various methods and several suggested downloads without success , I tried his easy answer...Since pcmm starts up immediately on startup you have to fool it...The SIMPLE answer is to start up in SAFE MODE..then go to add/remove and kick it's most unwelcome butt out. I restarted and after many months of grief it was TOTALLY gone..By the way, there was NO uninstall in my download nor was it in add/remove...It was only in my doc's, and I could not remove it from there either..I would like to greatly THANK this stranger VERY VERY much...PS; Anyone interested in a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ?

rm2007

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/4/2007 12:47 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I also had the excruciatingly unbearable pcmighty max experience...I tried mcurrier1's method , but could not get MSCONFIG in the run window to function..Somewhere on this site a member offered a SIMPLE , EASY solution..After trying various methods and several suggested downloads without success , I tried his easy answer...Since pcmm starts up immediately on startup you have to fool it...The SIMPLE answer is to start up in SAFE MODE..then go to add/remove and kick it's most unwelcome butt out. I restarted and after many months of grief it was TOTALLY gone..By the way, there was NO uninstall in my download nor was it in add/remove...It was only in my doc's, and I could not remove it from there either..I would like to greatly THANK this stranger VERY VERY much...PS; Anyone interested in a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ?

rm2007

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/4/2007 1:23 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
 I also had the excruciatingly unbearable PCmightymax experience for MANY months..There is a SIMPLE  &  EASY way to get rid of it...I tried mcurrier's , but I could not get MSCONFIG  to function in the run window..After trying various methods and several downloads with no success , I tried a way offered by a member of this site that I can not find to thank..Since pcmm starts up at turnon you have to fool it...I tried to get it from add/remove but it was  not there..I also could not get rid of it from my documents.. This person reccomended to start up in SAFE MODE...Then go to add/rem and kick it's ugly butt out ! ! ! I restarted my computer to be sure and it WORKED ! ! !jumpin  So to that person my heartfelt THANKS...PS; Anyone for a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ?  If so please leave a message for me on this site...I will be checking periodically for messages... I am rm2007...THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

jigger

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/13/2007 12:46 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Thanks mcurrier1,  I followed your directions and removed pc mighty max.  But now when I boot up I get a box  that says---
"you have used system configuration utility to make changes to the way windows starts.  The system config. utility is currently in diagnosis or slelctive start up mode causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run everytime Windows starts. 
Choose the Normal Startup Mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you made using the system config utility. If I do that will it re-install pc mightymax or cause other problems?
thanks for your help
jigger 

x-Stephanie-x

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/29/2007 10:18 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Hey...Im stephanie and im 14 years old.

okay i uploaded this thing called Pc mightymax for some reason. I uninstalled it by going to add and remove programmes and then removed it but then it still kept poping up on ma computer

What you have to do is clean out all your computer cookies and it should get rid of it for good.

it worked for me and i hope it works for you.

Good luck x

Stephanie xxxx

hugh

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 12/8/2007 9:29 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Thank you mcurrier1 for the advice - it worked.

x-Stephanie-x

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 12/8/2007 12:07 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Heyaa x

go to your computer cookies and clean them all out x

worked for me hope it works for u x

Stephanie xxx

binglv

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 12/15/2007 8:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
hey, pc mightymax is really useless software, i could say even annoying.. here is the source that really helped me to get rid of pc mightymax

Noel37

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 12/16/2007 2:34 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
PC Mighty Max is bad, the only way I could get rid of it was to do what mcurrier1 posted on this web site. I had tried everything possible, this is the only thing that worked on my computer to get rid of the bad Max.  THANK YOU mcurrier1. Happy Holidays to you!!!!!!:p

Nanine

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 12/16/2007 9:25 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Hi, I'm new to this forum thing! I too was desperate to get PC Mighty Max off my computer, thanks to member Mcurrier the little monster has gone, in his step by step guide to removal of the pest Mcurrierhe says to look for PCMM>EXE, on my system it was listed as PCMM2007, thanks again!! yeah

1franciscodep

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/8/2008 7:58 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
:p THANKS TO mcurier 1!!! This was the only way I could remove the annoying Pc Mighty Max.
The demo removed two folders with pictures I had on the desktop, (including MRIs and other critical information from my patients) all my windows mail disspeared, and all my favorites are gone.
Reading all the posts,  are we potentially facing the possibility of a class lawsuit?

Francisco Rozo MD

1franciscodep

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/8/2008 8:03 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
There are too many complaints against this PC mightymax. A law suit will compensate for time, money and all the problems.
If interested, post a message.
F. Rozo MD

ds4520

Date Joined Feb 2008

Posted 2/8/2008 11:04 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal

Everyone who is having problems with removing this POS MIGHTY MAX follow the directions of mcurrier it worked perfectly. I have one piece of advice to add , please write down or print the instructions beforehand because your computer will close down.yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

trainman1

Date Joined Feb 2008

Posted 2/17/2008 6:51 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
here in lies the problem pc mighty max will not let you remove it .i did remove it from the control panel. but then it now shows up on the task bar now and then. it stops my games it interupts my printing it stops on occasion my web browsing.how is this allowed to put something on private property without permission.it just came on as of this message.i now have 4000 problems.they must have put them there.

Wildman

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/9/2008 4:17 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
 freaked  HOW I REMOVED “PC-MIGHTYMAX MESS” version 9 on Win XP freaked

PC MightyMax is a malicious software. It infects computers secretly and then it offers purchasing fake anti spyware. Do not trust PC Mighty Max; it uses illegal ways to spread; besides, the same named spyware remover it advertises is useless. It’s just a fraud to milk money.
PC MightyMax launches fabricated security reports to convince people of dangerous computer infection. Do not fall for this trick; PC Mighty Max is a dangerous malware itself.

The reason I ended up here was after I ran the scan I looked at the list of what it said was a problem and noticed it wanted to remove a programs exe registry file from exactly were I new it was installed so I searched for reviews on the “PC-MIGHTYMAX” program and found these post and can see thats it's no Good and really messes up things when you have it fix the problems (Yeah right, sure looks likes it causes more problems than it fixes).

If you had “PC-MIGHTYMAX” fix the so called bogus problems you will need to reinstall the programs that no longer work.

If you can no longer boot into windows or safe mode you will need to do XP Repair Install.
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you can't do a repair due to a Password problem use can use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk  CD to reset. http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

I followed mcurrier1 directions with a few exceptions.
One being it was in my Add\Remove programs, if yours is not just skip that step.
I recommend trying the SAFE Mode method first thats on down towards the bottom.

When you install PC-MightyMax, it starts automatically every time you start your computer.
You will need to shut it down before you can remove it.

Click on the “START” button to bring up the main menu.
Click on “RUN” in the right-hand column of the main menu.
In the “RUN” window, type MSCONFIG
Click the “OK” button,this will open the System Configuration Utility window.
Click the STARTUP tab at the top of window.
Scroll down until you find PCMM.EXE and uncheck the box that is to the left of the name.
Click the OK button at the bottom of the window, a box will appear, click the Restart button.
Your computer will restart with another System Configuration Utility window appearing click OK.
The main System Configuration Utility window will appear,click CANCEL.

Now, with PC MightyMax not running, it can be removed.
Assuming that you did not change the setup's defualt installation location of PC MightyMax.
You will find it under ( C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax) .

Open Control panel click Add\Remove programs scroll down to PC-MightyMax click the Change button and uninstall.

If it's not in the Add\Remove programs proceed to next step. If you did uninstall from the Add\Remove programs the PC MightyMax folder is still on your computer with a bunch of temp files in it.

Open My Computer then open your (C:) drive.
Scoll to the Program Files folder and open it. You may get the message These Files Are Hidden
click on the phrase Show the contents of this Folder.
Scroll down until you see PC MightyMax folder.
RIGHT-click on the PC MightyMax folder a box opens, hold down the Shift key click the word Delete.

Okay now you need to change the System Configuration Utility back to Normal Startup.
Go to the Run box again. MSCONFIG should still be there if not retype it in then click OK.
Select Normal Startup then click the Apply button and then the Close button, a box will appear click Restart.

Once your Computer is restarted to remove any left over registry references and the PCMM.exe reference thats still in the System Configuration Utility Startup just download,install and run Glarysoft Registry Repair to remove this and many other errors. Glarysoft Registry Repair safely repairs errors on your computer, restores the overall performance and speed of your PC.

idea
Safe Mode methodSafer, easier, and for those who can't open MSCONFIG System Configuration Utility

I have not tried this but I am pretty sure this should work with any version, even for Win9x users. 

When you boot into Safe Mode the operating system only loads the bare minimum of software that is required for the operating system to work so the startup programs are not running and you will not need to go through the MSCONFIG procedure. You will be able to uninstall and or delete PC-MIGHTYMAX since it should not be running.

To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" . Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.
Another way into safe mode on most Windows versions is to skip the menu by using F5 and not F8 which will go right into safe mode, no menu.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.
Trouble Getting into Windows 2000 or Windows XP Safe mode - If after several attempts you are unable to get into Windows 2000 or Windows XP Safe Mode as the computer is booting into Windows, turn off your computer. When the computer is turned on the next time Windows should notice that the computer did not successfully boot and give you the Safe Mode screen.

Now, with PC MightyMax not running, it can be removed.

Open Control panel click Add\Remove programs scroll down to PC-MightyMax click the Change button and uninstall.

If it's not in the Add\Remove programs proceed to next step.If you did uninstall from the Add\Remove programs the PC MightyMax folder is still on your computer with a bunch of temp files in it.
 Assuming that you did not change the setup's defualt installation location of PC MightyMax
You will find it under ( C:\Program Files\PC MightyMax) .

Open My Computer then open your (C:) drive.
Scroll to the Program Files folder and open it. You may get the message These Files Are Hidden
click on the phrase Show the contents of this Folder.
Scroll down until you see PC MightyMax folder.
RIGHT-click on the PC MightyMax folder a box opens, hold down the Shift key click the word Delete. Restart the computer normally.

Once your Computer is restarted to remove any left over registry references and the PCMM.exe reference thats still in the System Configuration Utility Startup just download,install and run Glarysoft Registry Repair to remove this and many other errors. Glarysoft Registry Repair safely repairs errors on your computer, restores the overall performance and speed of your PC.

hop

Well I spent a good part of my time writing this up trying to cover everyones problems that I read in these post and I hope this will help.

NOTE: After posting this I scanned my PC for spyware using Ad-Aware 2007 free version and found malware which I believe may have been from installing PC MightyMax so you may want to run a good spyware remover program.
 I would also recommend that you empty your System Restore. Right click My Computer,click Properties, click the System Restore tab, click the box to the left of Turn of System Restore on all drives then click the Apply button, a box opens,click Yes. To turn it back on just uncheck the box to the left of Turn of System Restore and click the Apply button.

GOOD LUCK getting your PC back!!

Post Edited (Wildman) : 25-03-2008 01:06:49 GMT

wenchelino

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 4/7/2008 12:32 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I have Windows XP (SP2) and I am trying desperately to remove "Pc-MightyMax"from my computer
1* It is not in Add/Remove programs
2* It si not in C| Program Files
3* No reference to PC-MightyMax in the Registry

I DO NOT KNOW the location of PC-MightyMax & it is nowhere to be found!
PC-MightyMax just popsup from time to time saying "we have found 300 or 500 or 1500 problems..."

Please, please help me get rid of PC-MightyMax

With anticipated thanks

wenchelino

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 4/7/2008 12:39 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I have Windows XP (SP2) and I am trying desperately to remove "Pc-MightyMax"from my computer
1* It is not in Add/Remove programs
2* It si not in C| Program Files
3* No reference to PC-MightyMax in the Registry

I DO NOT KNOW the location of PC-MightyMax & it is nowhere to be found!
PC-MightyMax just popsup from time to time saying "we have found 300 or 500 or 1500 problems..."

Please, please help me get rid of PC-MightyMax

With anticipated thanks

Identsgt

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/2/2008 11:02 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
I downloaded Mighty Max to see what it offered. The warning about 3500+ problems made me very uneasy. The licence fees were not credible. I Googled it and found this forum. I deleted the program and rooted out the files that Vista could not. Then, the keyboard stopped working. The sound stopped working. There were many exclaimation marks in the hardware manager. Vista could not activate six drivers. The keyboard worked in the bios setup, so it was not hardware. The mouse worked, so I did a Windows system restore to a time prior to Mighty Max. Now the laptop is working properly.

Tankeryanker

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/30/2008 10:21 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
        Thank You mcurrier1. I to am an old fart whose trying to learn this new technology called a personnal computer and doing alot of goofing up along the way. Your easy to follow instructions worked great and removed PC Mighty Max completely. Thank You, Thank You

jay jay

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 9/1/2008 2:27 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Thank you so much Mcurrier. I knew I had to get it out of start, but didn't know how to do it.  A thousand thanks.   jay jay

ms.smith

Date Joined Oct 2008

Posted 10/16/2008 10:55 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal

Thank you MCurrier1 your Advise was sooooooooooooo helpful in removing that pest I tried all night to remove pc mightymax the Pest without looking it up i removed it from my computer completely as i thought until i kept getting popups that did nothing but pester me . So thank you again  for i may have never found a solution without your advise THANKS!!!!!!!!!

aquaman50

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/12/2008 10:37 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
Just wanted to thank all of you for posting your problems w/ PCMM just happened to find this site before I downloaded it. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah

Maro

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/26/2009 6:02 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: PC MightyMax removalAlert an admin about: PC MightyMax removal
People, definetely, Mcourrer1 presented the best sollution for me. I could finally remove this darn PC MightyMax from my computer. Thanks!cool

Post Edited (Maro) : 26-01-2009 16:05:54 GMT

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : PC MightyMax removal
54 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, November 23, 2014 5:40 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,769 posts in 13,349 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 3 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36820 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, clairebutler.
8 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)
Bgscan parameters (4)11/20/2014 7:17:53 PM (janis)