BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Tools > What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ? Printable version of : What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Chris20

Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 10

Posted 11/12/2004 5:34 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
I've just realised recently how many programs there are that offer anti-virus / spyware and firewall protection.

For Windows XP Home Edition on SP2 what would you say are the best programs to have?

Chris

Post Edited (Chris20) : 23-06-2008 12:38:39 GMT

adzmerch

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/23/2008 6:21 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
try avast antivirus its virus and spyware prevention and removal software and its free
on download.com along with hundreds of other great programs :-)

Becks287

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 7/1/2008 11:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
Any other thoughts on this?

I currently use McAfee but am considering switching to AVG when the subscription ends.

Is this a good move?

Beryle

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 12/12/2008 2:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
I had avast antivirus but uninstalled it (had it for approximately 3 - 4 years) because it kept on prompting me to reboot even after just logging on to the internet. Their latest version is 4.8. I got sick of the popup messages so I went looking for another antivirus program which is just as good as avast. I did a search on the internet and I came across Comodo antivirus and it's free. It also has Comodo Internet Security (which is also free) and I also use Comodo Antispam which I would recommend to anybody looking for such a program. I don't have any spyware removal software as yet, so can anybody recommend a good one? I am very security conscious.

Post Edited (Beryle) : 12-12-2008 11:36:37 GMT

john007

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 6/23/2009 12:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
I am using Avast and it is good. But as I am not an expert I can't suggest you anything surely. I think you should consult an expert who can suggest you the right thing you need. If you find it difficult you may visit "link removed" (Fraud, scam, phishing site) for help. The staffs out there helped me a lot while my computer was infected with viruses and the hard disc was crashed. They are skilled enough to solve any kind of tricky problem related to computer. I think they will be able to able to guide you properly and help you to install the best antivirus in your pc if you get in touch with them.

Post Edited (Touch) : 23-06-2009 10:05:18 GMT

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 300

Posted 6/23/2009 10:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?Alert an admin about: What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?
I have subscribed to Bullguard for about two years - I have found it to be user friendly with regular updates and good online support. Included is Bullguard Backup - easy to use.

The Antivirus Forum is also useful and can answer many questions.

Altogether, a good Antivirus product.

p.s. I do NOT work for Bullguard!

New Topic Post reply to : What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ? Printable version of : What's the best: Firewall / anti-virus / spyware software ?

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, August 01, 2014 10:47 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,529 posts in 13,304 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36197 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, AlbertWatkins147.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads