Conflict running Kaspersky and Norton Internet Security 2009 concurrently?

Posted 11/15/2008 11:28 PM

CluelessInCanada Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Not sure if this is the right forum but I'm a newbie so forgive me but I need some help with this question: <br/>Is it possible to install and run BOTH Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and Norton Internet Security 2009 at the same time? <br/> <br/>Previously, I had both running on my computer with no problem but since they both expired at the same time, I had to get the new versions. <br/> <br/>I installed Norton first with no problems and then I installed Kaspersky. It seemed to install with no problems but then I wasn't able to connect to any web pages even though my internet connection was fine. <br/> <br/>As soon as I uninstalled Kaspersky, everything was fine again. <br/> <br/>I would prefer to have both programs on my computer if possible since it would be a waste of money not to be able to use something I paid for. <br/> <br/>Any comments?
Posted 11/16/2008 5:04 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
Hello :smile: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/><H2 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"> <SPAN class=postbody><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: red; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></H2> <br/><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">"<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="COLOR: blue; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">[3]. <br/>[/3]<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Not more<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">."<SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><o:p></o:p>

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 11/16/2008 6:27 PM

CluelessInCanada Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
OK, thanks for your reply. The guy at the store who sold me the two last year recommended I get both. I guess I will have to pick one. That sucks since I can't return anything once the box been's opened.
Posted 11/16/2008 7:11 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
What an bad advice :rolleyes: <br/> <br/> <br/>I suggest you keep Kaspersky, and use this link to remove Norton: <br/> <br/>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 9, 2016, 10:37 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.