Min

/

Sec

PC MightyMax removal

Posted 9/28/2007 8:23 AM

Rhythmjohn Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
:skull: ARRGH! I went to "RUN", typed in MSCONFIG"' and i get an error message saying the MSCONFIG can't be opened as a component can't be found! Now what do I do???? HELP!
Posted 9/28/2007 8:26 AM

Rhythmjohn Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
ARRGH! I went to "RUN", typed in MSCONFIG"' and i get an error message saying the MSCONFIG can't be opened as a component can't be found! Now what do I do???? HELP!
Posted 11/3/2007 10:44 PM

rm2007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
I also had the excruciatingly unbearable pcmighty max experience...I tried mcurrier1's method , but could not get MSCONFIG in the run window to function..Somewhere on this site a member offered a SIMPLE , EASY solution..After trying various methods and several suggested downloads without success , I tried his easy answer...Since pcmm starts up immediately on startup you have to fool it...The SIMPLE answer is to start up in SAFE MODE..then go to add/remove and kick it's most unwelcome butt out. I restarted and after many months of grief it was TOTALLY gone..By the way, there was NO uninstall in my download nor was it in add/remove...It was only in my doc's, and I could not remove it from there either..I would like to greatly THANK this stranger VERY VERY much...PS; Anyone interested in a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ?
Posted 11/3/2007 10:47 PM

rm2007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I also had the excruciatingly unbearable pcmighty max experience...I tried mcurrier1's method , but could not get MSCONFIG in the run window to function..Somewhere on this site a member offered a SIMPLE , EASY solution..After trying various methods and several suggested downloads without success , I tried his easy answer...Since pcmm starts up immediately on startup you have to fool it...The SIMPLE answer is to start up in SAFE MODE..then go to add/remove and kick it's most unwelcome butt out. I restarted and after many months of grief it was TOTALLY gone..By the way, there was NO uninstall in my download nor was it in add/remove...It was only in my doc's, and I could not remove it from there either..I would like to greatly THANK this stranger VERY VERY much...PS; Anyone interested in a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ?
Posted 11/3/2007 11:23 PM

rm2007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I also had the excruciatingly unbearable PCmightymax experience for MANY months..There is a SIMPLE & EASY way to get rid of it...I tried mcurrier's , but I could not get MSCONFIG to function in the run window..After trying various methods and several downloads with no success , I tried a way offered by a member of this site that I can not find to thank..Since pcmm starts up at turnon you have to fool it...I tried to get it from add/remove but it was not there..I also could not get rid of it from my documents.. This person reccomended to start up in SAFE MODE...Then go to add/rem and kick it's ugly butt out ! ! ! I restarted my computer to be sure and it WORKED ! ! !User image So to that person my heartfelt THANKS...PS; Anyone for a legal class action lawsuit against PCMightyMax ? ? ? If so please leave a message for me on this site...I will be checking periodically for messages... I am rm2007...THANK YOU VERY MUCH....
Posted 11/12/2007 10:46 PM

jigger Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Thanks mcurrier1, I followed your directions and removed pc mighty max. But now when I boot up I get a box that says--- <br/> <br/>"you have used system configuration utility to make changes to the way windows starts. The system config. utility is currently in diagnosis or slelctive start up mode causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run everytime Windows starts. <br/> <br/>Choose the Normal Startup Mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you made using the system config utility. If I do that will it re-install pc mightymax or cause other problems? <br/> <br/>thanks for your help <br/> <br/>jigger <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/><br /><br />
Posted 11/29/2007 8:18 PM

x-Stephanie-x Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hey...Im stephanie and im 14 years old. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>okay i uploaded this thing called Pc mightymax for some reason. I uninstalled it by going to add and remove programmes and then removed it but then it still kept poping up on ma computer <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>What you have to do is clean out all your computer cookies and it should get rid of it for good. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>it worked for me and i hope it works for you. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Good luck x <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Stephanie xxxx
Posted 12/8/2007 7:29 AM

hugh Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank you mcurrier1 for the advice - it worked.
Posted 12/8/2007 10:07 AM

x-Stephanie-x Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Heyaa x <br/> <br/> <br/>go to your computer cookies and clean them all out x <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>worked for me hope it works for u x <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Stephanie xxx
Posted 12/15/2007 6:36 PM

binglv Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
hey, pc mightymax is really useless software, i could say even annoying.. here is the source that really helped me to get rid of pc mightymax
Posted 12/16/2007 12:34 AM

Noel37 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
PC Mighty Max is bad, the only way I could get rid of it was to do what mcurrier1 posted on this web site. I had tried everything possible, this is the only thing that worked on my computer to get rid of the bad Max. THANK YOU mcurrier1. Happy Holidays to you!!!!!! :p
Posted 12/16/2007 7:25 PM

Nanine Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hi, I'm new to this forum thing! I too was desperate to get PC Mighty Max off my computer, thanks to member Mcurrier the little monster has gone, in his step by step guide to removal of the pest Mcurrierhe says to look for PCMM>EXE, on my system it was listed as PCMM2007, thanks again!! :yeah:
Posted 1/8/2008 5:58 PM

1franciscodep Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
:p THANKS TO mcurier 1!!! This was the only way I could remove the annoying Pc Mighty Max. <br/>The demo removed two folders with pictures I had on the desktop, (including MRIs and other critical information from my patients) all my windows mail disspeared, and all my favorites are gone. <br/> <br/>Reading all the posts, are we potentially facing the possibility of a class lawsuit? <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Francisco Rozo MD
Posted 1/8/2008 6:03 PM

1franciscodep Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
There are too many complaints against this PC mightymax. A law suit will compensate for time, money and all the problems. <br/> <br/>If interested, post a message. <br/> <br/>F. Rozo MD
Posted 2/8/2008 9:04 PM

ds4520 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
<br /><br /> <br/>Everyone who is having problems with removing this POS MIGHTY MAX follow the directions of mcurrier it worked perfectly. I have one piece of advice to add , please write down or print the instructions beforehand because your computer will close down. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Posted 2/17/2008 4:51 PM

trainman1 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
here in lies the problem pc mighty max will not let you remove it .i did remove it from the control panel. but then it now shows up on the task bar now and then. it stops my games it interupts my printing it stops on occasion my web browsing.how is this allowed to put something on private property without permission.it just came on as of this message.i now have 4000 problems.they must have put them there.
Posted 3/9/2008 2:17 AM

Wildman Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
:freaked: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>PC MightyMax is a malicious software. It infects computers secretly and then it offers purchasing fake anti spyware. Do not trust PC Mighty Max; it uses illegal ways to spread; besides, the same named spyware remover it advertises is useless. It’s just a fraud to milk money. <br/>PC MightyMax launches fabricated security reports to convince people of dangerous computer infection. Do not fall for this trick; PC Mighty Max is a dangerous malware itself. <br/> <br/>Found this at <a target="_blank" href="http://www.kiguolis.com/pc-mightymax/" target=_blank>[color=black> Once your Computer is restarted to remove any left over registry references and the PCMM.exe reference thats still in the </FONT>[color=#008000>[color=black>Startup]<FONT color=#0000ff>Glarysoft Registry Repair[/color] [color=black>to] <FONT color=black>Glarysoft Registry Repair[/color] </FONT>safely repairs errors on your computer, restores the overall performance and speed of your PC. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> User image <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Well I spent a good part of my time writing this up trying to cover everyones problems that I read in these post and I hope this will help. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>NOTE: After posting this I scanned my PC for spyware using Ad-Aware 2007 free version and found malware which I believe may have been from installing PC MightyMax so you may want to run a good spyware remover program. <br/> <br/> I would also recommend that you empty your System Restore. Right click My Computer,click Properties, click the System Restore tab, click the box to the left of Turn of System Restore on all drives then click the Apply button, a box opens,click Yes. To turn it back on just uncheck the box to the left of Turn of System Restore and click the Apply button. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <FONT color=orange][4]GOOD LUCK getting your PC back!![/4][/color][/b]
Posted 4/6/2008 10:32 PM

wenchelino Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have Windows XP (SP2) and I am trying desperately to remove "Pc-MightyMax"from my computer <br/>1* It is not in Add/Remove programs <br/>2* It si not in C| Program Files <br/>3* No reference to PC-MightyMax in the Registry <br/> <br/>I DO NOT KNOW the location of PC-MightyMax & it is nowhere to be found! <br/>PC-MightyMax just popsup from time to time saying "we have found 300 or 500 or 1500 problems..." <br/> <br/>Please, please help me get rid of PC-MightyMax <br/> <br/>With anticipated thanks
Posted 4/6/2008 10:39 PM

wenchelino Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have Windows XP (SP2) and I am trying desperately to remove "Pc-MightyMax"from my computer <br/>1* It is not in Add/Remove programs <br/>2* It si not in C| Program Files <br/>3* No reference to PC-MightyMax in the Registry <br/> <br/>I DO NOT KNOW the location of PC-MightyMax & it is nowhere to be found! <br/>PC-MightyMax just popsup from time to time saying "we have found 300 or 500 or 1500 problems..." <br/> <br/>Please, please help me get rid of PC-MightyMax <br/> <br/>With anticipated thanks
Posted 6/2/2008 9:02 AM

Identsgt Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I downloaded Mighty Max to see what it offered. The warning about 3500+ problems made me very uneasy. The licence fees were not credible. I Googled it and found this forum. I deleted the program and rooted out the files that Vista could not. Then, the keyboard stopped working. The sound stopped working. There were many exclaimation marks in the hardware manager. Vista could not activate six drivers. The keyboard worked in the bios setup, so it was not hardware. The mouse worked, so I did a Windows system restore to a time prior to Mighty Max. Now the laptop is working properly.
Posted 8/30/2008 8:21 AM

Tankeryanker Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank You mcurrier1. I to am an old fart whose trying to learn this new technology called a personnal computer and doing alot of goofing up along the way. Your easy to follow instructions worked great and removed PC Mighty Max completely. Thank You, Thank You
Posted 9/1/2008 12:27 PM

jay jay Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Thank you so much Mcurrier. I knew I had to get it out of start, but didn't know how to do it. A thousand thanks. jay jay
Posted 10/16/2008 8:55 PM

ms.smith Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
[5][/5] <br/> <br/>[5]Thank you MCurrier1 your Advise was sooooooooooooo helpful in removing that pest I tried all night to remove pc mightymax the Pest without looking it up i removed it from my computer completely as i thought until i kept getting popups that did nothing but pester me . So thank you again for i may have never found a solution without your advise THANKS!!!!!!!!![/5] <br/> <br/>[5][/5]
Posted 11/12/2008 8:37 PM

aquaman50 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Just wanted to thank all of you for posting your problems w/ PCMM just happened to find this site before I downloaded it. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:
Posted 1/26/2009 4:02 PM

Maro Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
People, definetely, Mcourrer1 presented the best sollution for me. I could finally remove this darn PC MightyMax from my computer. Thanks! :cool:
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 3, 2016, 1:21 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,157 posts in 13,447 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,966 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Don Tee.
There are currently no users on-line.